Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Airbag Light On Ford Ka
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
AnitaG
Ford Ka came back from body repair shop (had some rust removed) and airbag light is permanently on. The Body work shop it has nothing to do with them. Have taken car in to have checked can't find problem say car can be driven even with light on.How do I fix problem
Danny87
Hi Anita,

What sort of rust was removed? Was it from the floorpan for MOT or on the general exterior of the car?

There is an airbag fuse but I would have expected they would have checked this out at the garage in trying to find the problem. I would advise taking it to a Ford main agent so they can read the fault codes. The ECU performs various checks when the car is started and is lighting up the warning light because it is finding a problem. I think a Ford main agent won't charge too much, probably no more than about 30 (other memebers will have more experience about this) and hopefully the fault code can be read and the faulty part of the airbag system replaced/repaired.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Full Colour Version: Airbag Light On Ford Ka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615