Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Titanium Sports Pack
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Eric Bloodaxe
Hi all,

when I bought my Focus I got a very good deal on a stock car - would have preferred one with sport pack but none available at the time and I needed a car PDQ. I have considered having the sport pack (which I believe just consists of lowered springs and 18" wheels with appropriate tyres) retrofitted but wonder what the effect on the ride/handling would be?

Would appreciate any comments from anyone with a sport pack equipped car.

Many thanks.
Will Clark IOM
Hello Eric, I take it your talking about the mk3, I don't have the sport pack but do have the 18s, if you do retro fit it post some pics up, the 18s look class but add a lowering kit I'd imagine it would be one aggressive looking motor. Keep us updated buddy.
Eric Bloodaxe
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1317746284' post='147047']
Hello Eric, I take it your talking about the mk3, I don't have the sport pack but do have the 18s, if you do retro fit it post some pics up, the 18s look class but add a lowering kit I'd imagine it would be one aggressive looking motor. Keep us updated buddy.
[/quote]

Hi Will, no I'm referring to a 2010 Mk2.5, not the Mk3. The sport pack was available as a factory option at 550 whereas to retrofit with new parts/tyres I'm looking at 1500 or so. Improved cosmetics aside, I wonder if any handling benefits are negated by worse ride. Unfortunately, although I've driven several STs and found the ride/handling balance ok, I've not managed to try a sport pack equipped "normal" Focus.
jeebowhite
not got one personally however, it really depends exactly what parts your using. for example, are you replacing struts / suspension / dampers / wheels / tyres or just a few of the above?

You really need to look at all of the above to give it a good handling, and of course to improve performance you would need to look at engine.

If your looking at just the springs and wheels, you will get a marginal handling improvement, but if you want much better you need to look further afield.

Full Colour Version: Focus Titanium Sports Pack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.