Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Estate Tailgate Glass Replacement
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Angry Badger
Hi,

The rear window heater element on my 06 1.6LX estate is kaput, only the upper four strips work, all the rest are broken. Tried repairs using conductive silver paint but it's not been successful. There are multiple breaks in some of the strips. Think I'd be better of getting used glass from scrappy to replace mine.

Is this something an owner can do or is it best left to, for example, Autoglass or local independent garage? What's involved?
artscot79
[quote name='Angry Badger' timestamp='1317823233' post='147146']
Hi,

The rear window heater element on my 06 1.6LX estate is kaput, only the upper four strips work, all the rest are broken. Tried repairs using conductive silver paint but it's not been successful. There are multiple breaks in some of the strips. Think I'd be better of getting used glass from scrappy to replace mine.

Is this something an owner can do or is it best left to, for example, Autoglass or local independent garage? What's involved?
[/quote]

its best left to a pro for one getting the glass out is a nightmare and requires cutting the seal or breaking the glass a pro will remove the plastic inner trim and cut the bead the new glass needs proper sealing and fitting a good cleaner and degreaser needs used and its a case of when the seal is on the glass needs to be put in the right place the first time round i wouldnt do it ide have a pro do it

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615