Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
sincs
Hi all, newbie to the forum. just bought a nice ghia estate 1.8 tdci with 76,000 on an 07. not many miles for this age car, but the computer says i'm only getting 32mpg round town. Not taking it on a run yet till the 15th. Any ideas before i start spending money on it.

Cheers

Sincs
stef123
Don't rely on the computer, if the car has been sitting idling or driven around the town this figure will drop.. best thing to do is fill the tank and do some miles, refill and work out the exact mpg

hello and welcome too :)
johnH
as stef123 says.

if still getting bad MPG. get a full service (oil and all filters). check again.
H3lly
It will be a low mpg driving around town anyway. Diesels come into their own on long motorway journeys. If your doing mainly city driving there could be DPF issues in the future.
Haylo714
Hi Sincs,

I bought my car a few months ago which was supposed to have been serviced by a ford dealer (gates of stevenage!), but by the looks of the fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter and oil in the car it hadn't been done at all! The pollen filter looked as though it'd been in the car since new even though it came with FSH!

After the service (which i did myself this time) my MPG shot up by about 8 MPG driving in roughly the same conditions and same journey.

Full Colour Version: 1.8 Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.