Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Priv Glass Done !!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2
Wickwick10_1
Right chaps cars had good clean after picking it up from having priv glass on the fronts as the rears were already done ! Not gone to dark just 32% as I found it looks better personally against so dark rears ..... Thoughts ?
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/49593156.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/5591b3d3.jpg[/IMG]
stef123
Is 32% not illegal on the front side windows? i ask because i thought they had to allow 70% light through
Wickwick10_1
Mate all are illegal on the front but I don't want to get pulled and the guy did say 32% the police won't fuss over - I believe mine let 68% light in hence the film being 32% but they are all illegal front side tints.
stef123
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318085301' post='147544']
Mate all are illegal on the front but I don't want to get pulled and the guy did say 32% the police won't fuss over - I believe mine let 68% light in hence the film being 32% but they are all illegal front side tints.
[/quote]

fair enough :)

I like them though
shawty1984
Ain't the fronts slightly tinted anyway? They certainly are on my Focus MK2.5.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318182623' post='147678']
Ain't the fronts slightly tinted anyway? They certainly are on my Focus MK2.5.
[/quote]
They are slightly but I think they look odd against such dark rears - hence my decision to go darker.
Parf
If you used 32% tint doesnt that add together with the already tinted glass and make it darker?
Wickwick10_1
Yes a little but they are hardly tinted in first place - the tint I have I am pleased with as the police won't even bother to be honest.
jeebowhite
I agree, you may want to watch out. The police may pull you and insist you remove your tints...

My personal advice would be to take your car to the police station (yes I know it sounds mad) and ask them if they would test it for you, they could tell you immediately wether they let enough light through. If they say no - then you should go immediately back and get the company to remove / replace them with legal ones.

Thats just mho, I just think you have more of a leg to stand on with regards to complaining that "32% they wont bother over" as if they do, you face fines / points / loss of money as you have to tear it off there and then...
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1318250553' post='147779']
I agree, you may want to watch out. The police may pull you and insist you remove your tints...

My personal advice would be to take your car to the police station (yes I know it sounds mad) and ask them if they would test it for you, they could tell you immediately wether they let enough light through. If they say no - then you should go immediately back and get the company to remove / replace them with legal ones.

Thats just mho, I just think you have more of a leg to stand on with regards to complaining that "32% they wont bother over" as if they do, you face fines / points / loss of money as you have to tear it off there and then...
[/quote]
Mate I did say earlier they are illegal as you can not have front tinted at all , but they don't stand out for police to pull me over , I have had ever car done I owned but since law stated no tint on front I went lighter and was pulled in my last car on spot check and never mentioned windows ? Not bothering with raking it in as that's just owning up lol , I will be ok for sure , if I do get done I will let you all know but removing not an issue if it came to it .
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318253712' post='147789']
Mate I did say earlier they are illegal as you can not have front tinted at all , but they don't stand out for police to pull me over , I have had ever car done I owned but since law stated no tint on front I went lighter and was pulled in my last car on spot check and never mentioned windows ? Not bothering with raking it in as that's just owning up lol , I will be ok for sure , if I do get done I will let you all know but removing not an issue if it came to it .
[/quote]

Tints on the front are NOT illegal if they allow a certain amount of light through, which you know, so I don't know why you keep on saying tints on the front are illegal.

I think you are being pretty foolish. You have a brand new car which already have slightly tinted front windows and you are tinting them even more making them illegal. You say they allow 32% light through. Was that tested after the tints were on the car or was that just the tints you got that allow 32% light through which means it's a higher figure when on the car?

Lets not forget, you won't be declaring this to your insurance company because they are illegal. So not only could you be fined by the Police, you could also find yourself not being insured if you ever have a crash and the insurance company decide to investigate what happened and they find ypou have illegal front tints. So all because of 2-5% of darkness, you are willing to risk at worse, a wrote of car with no insurance to cover you, what happens if you seriously injure someone?
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318259978' post='147823']
Tints on the front are NOT illegal if they allow a certain amount of light through, which you know, so I don't know why you keep on saying tints on the front are illegal.

I think you are being pretty foolish. You have a brand new car which already have slightly tinted front windows and you are tinting them even more making them illegal. You say they allow 32% light through. Was that tested after the tints were on the car or was that just the tints you got that allow 32% light through which means it's a higher figure when on the car?

Lets not forget, you won't be declaring this to your insurance company because they are illegal. So not only could you be fined by the Police, you could also find yourself not being insured if you ever have a crash and the insurance company decide to investigate what happened and they find ypou have illegal front tints. So all because of 2-5% of darkness, you are willing to risk at worse, a wrote of car with no insurance to cover you, what happens if you seriously injure someone?
[/quote]
Let's just state 2yrs ago I had accident 5000 worth of damage not my fault and i had tinted windows which one was smashed and the insurance paid - front tints are illegal as the transparency is greater than allowed on all tints so I know this , I am not foolish just like my car to look good ! Chaps I would not mind if they were really dark but they are not and it's my car and my decision , I don't see what it being a new car matters either ? I only expected feedback of if it looked good or not ? I did not expect personal comments such as foolish ? If you are going to comment on my personal choice and reasoning then don't bother as it's my motor and do what I like and some people take it to the extreme ! End of rant ;-)
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318260481' post='147827']
Let's just state 2yrs ago I had accident 5000 worth of damage not my fault and i had tinted windows which one was smashed and the insurance paid - front tints are illegal as the transparency is greater than allowed on all tints so I know this , I am not foolish just like my car to look good ! Chaps I would not mind if they were really dark but they are not and it's my car and my decision , I don't see what it being a new car matters either ? I only expected feedback of if it looked good or not ? I did not expect personal comments such as foolish ? If you are going to comment on my personal choice and reasoning then don't bother as it's my motor and do what I like and some people take it to the extreme ! End of rant ;-)
[/quote]

Being lucky does not mean you will always be lucky. What would you have done if they did not insure you, would you have your brand new Focus now? Front tints are NOT illegal as already stated as my car from factory has a slight tint on the front side windows. I'm sorry, but you are driving on public roads with illegal front tints. Which as pointed out can and does invalidate your insurance. I'm not bothered if you crash your car, it's the damage that can be caused to others that bothers me, all because of 2-5% of light. You are foolish. I never really said it mattered it was a new car. But there is a difference between a 500 old Corsa and a 15+ grand brand new car, especially when driving with illegal tints which invalidate your insurance. Do what you like? How about I do what I like and report you to the Police for having illegal tints on your car? I might be extreme. But there are to many idiots on the roads today and I'm sorry, you are one of them.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318261278' post='147829']
Being lucky does not mean you will always be lucky. What would you have done if they did not insure you, would you have your brand new Focus now? Front tints are NOT illegal as already stated as my car from factory has a slight tint on the front side windows. I'm sorry, but you are driving on public roads with illegal front tints. Which as pointed out can and does invalidate your insurance. I'm not bothered if you crash your car, it's the damage that can be caused to others that bothers me, all because of 2-5% of light. You are foolish. I never really said it mattered it was a new car. But there is a difference between a £500 old Corsa and a 15+ grand brand new car, especially when driving with illegal tints which invalidate your insurance. Do what you like? How about I do what I like and report you to the Police for having illegal tints on your car? I might be extreme. But there are to many idiots on the roads today and I'm sorry, you are one of them.
[/quote]

Your very boring - as said it's my car and I do as I like , report me snitch but they are tints , get over it , you must have one sad life to be worried about my windows ?

Everyone else thanks for your comments on the car positive and negative but cyber grasses bug me and should worry about other things.
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318262223' post='147834']
Your very boring - as said it's my car and I do as I like , report me snitch but they are tints , get over it , you must have one sad life to be worried about my windows ?

Everyone else thanks for your comments on the car positive and negative but cyber grasses bug me and should worry about other things the pricks - excuse my language.
[/quote]

No, I'm a realist. There is a difference. I couldn't give a crap if you were downloading or uploading music illegaly. Neither do I care about your windows as such. What I care about is the other people that have to travel on the same tarmac as you while you are 'uninsured'. I'm sorry you don't like this, but what you are doing is illegal and invalidates your insurance. Have a serious crash one day and not only might you have a brand new wrote off car but someone in hospital seriously injured or dead. Then what will you do if your insurance won't pay out? I'd rather be a snitch than driving around illegaly with no insurance. I don't think you grasp at how this silly tinting can turn out to be so serious. Why do 'cyber grasses' bug you? Because it stops you having fun and flouting a law?
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318263728' post='147836']
No, I'm a realist. There is a difference. I couldn't give a crap if you were downloading or uploading music illegaly. Neither do I care about your windows as such. What I care about is the other people that have to travel on the same tarmac as you while you are 'uninsured'. I'm sorry you don't like this, but what you are doing is illegal and invalidates your insurance. Have a serious crash one day and not only might you have a brand new wrote off car but someone in hospital seriously injured or dead. Then what will you do if your insurance won't pay out? I'd rather be a snitch than driving around illegaly with no insurance. I don't think you grasp at how this silly tinting can turn out to be so serious. Why do 'cyber grasses' bug you? Because it stops you having fun and flouting a law?
[/quote]
Get your self a life and worry about things that concern you as you are not any more interesting than you were on your first post and yes if you go around grassing to police then you really are as sad as your boring posts - now move on and bore someone else as I am sure there may be an illegal exhaust on here somewhere or someone else with illegal windows ! Have fun looking sure you get excited over being a grass ? Don't reply as can't see you being any more interesting and boring others not only me - if you are that upset feel free to inbox me or they have meets regular and you can bring your detective kit and check my window transparency :-)
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318264227' post='147839']
Get your self a life and worry about things that concern you as you are not any more interesting than you were on your first post and yes if you go around grassing to police then you really are as sad as your boring posts - now move on and bore someone else as I am sure there may be an illegal exhaust on here somewhere or someone else with illegal windows ! Have fun looking sure you get excited over being a grass ? Don't reply as can't see you being any more interesting and boring others not only me - if you are that upset feel free to inbox me or they have meets regular and you can bring your detective kit and check my window transparency :-)
[/quote]

If I drive near Birmingham or you drive up here, then it does concern me doesn't it, because as unlikely as it is, you could crash into me. You can say what you want, doesn't get away from the fact you are basically driving about with no insurance. If you can live with that fine, but think of other people, not just yourself.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318264973' post='147841']
If I drive near Birmingham or you drive up here, then it does concern me doesn't it, because as unlikely as it is, you could crash into me. You can say what you want, doesn't get away from the fact you are basically driving about with no insurance. If you can live with that fine, but think of other people, not just yourself.
[/quote]

Just humouring you now as you are really hung up on my windows - don't worry I have LED's too as side lights !! Oh no something else to grass me up over !
Here it is again just for you.......
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/f95a7a8a.jpg[/IMG]
Nothing wrong with them .......
Lenny
Bottom line mate,
I think your car looks great with the windows tinted the way you have them now,
carrys the smooth flow of the car alot better than before, B)
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318265285' post='147844']
Just humouring you now as you are really hung up on my windows - don't worry I have LED's too as side lights !! Oh no something else to grass me up over !
Here it is again just for you.......
[img]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/f95a7a8a.jpg[/img]
Nothing wrong with them .......
[/quote]

As already stated, I'm not actually that bothered about the windows, more the fact people have to share a road with an uninsured driver. The fact you think that's pretty funny says more about you than it does me to be totally honest.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318265443' post='147846']
As already stated, I'm not actually that bothered about the windows, more the fact people have to share a road with an uninsured driver. The fact you think that's pretty funny says more about you than it does me to be totally honest.
[/quote]
But I am insured thanks and I find your concern funny - your the only one stressing on this site ? :-)
Wickwick10_1
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/d9f174cd.jpg[/IMG]
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318265891' post='147848']
But I am insured thanks and I find your concern funny - your the only one stressing on this site ? :-)
[/quote]

Your actually not insured. You have broke the T&C's and agreement of your insurance company. Just because you pay monthly or have paid it all off is neither here nor there. You are breaking the law and thus have invalidated insurance. The fact your insurance company down't know this yet is also irrelevant. I might be the only one 'stressing' but I want idiots like you off the road.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318266526' post='147850']
Your actually not insured. You have broke the T&C's and agreement of your insurance company. Just because you pay monthly or have paid it all off is neither here nor there. You are breaking the law and thus have invalidated insurance. The fact your insurance company down't know this yet is also irrelvant. I might be the only one 'stressing' but I want idiots like you off the road.
[/quote]
Your the idiot get over it ! I am insured and I appreciate your concern - but your just a nobody so come on and shuffle on - you do make an amusing read tho !
Wickwick10_1
Chaps I do apologise if my privacy glass has offended you as it has offended "Shawty" ;-)
shawty1984
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318266826' post='147851']
Your the idiot get over it ! I am insured and I appreciate your concern - but your just a nobody so come on and shuffle on - you do make an amusing read tho !
[/quote]

You are not insured and I've just explained why and you are calling me an idiot? Just because you have a certifacate which shows you have bought insurance does not actually mean you are covered and always will be covered for the period you are with them. You have invalidated your insurance by breaking the law. I never said I was an 'anybody' I just basically commented on how foolish you were. You might think it's just 2% to dark so the Police won't pull you up, but when you start thinking further, you realise how serious of an issue it can be.
sjwred
70% light must pass through,the body glass is a green tint already,however the insurance company and or the police will only get pissy IF they deem that the tinting caused a direct RTC say a motorbike hit a car pulling out of a junction at night.looking at the pics of this nicely done piece of tinting (in the garage shot) this looks ok . Good looking car that.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='sjwred' timestamp='1318268540' post='147855']
70% light must pass through,the body glass is a green tint already,however the insurance company and or the police will only get pissy IF they deem that the tinting caused a direct RTC say a motorbike hit a car pulling out of a junction at night.looking at the pics of this nicely done piece of tinting (in the garage shot) this looks ok . Good looking car that.
[/quote]
Thanks mate and common sense ! Cheers bud ......
Lenny
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318266970' post='147852']
Chaps I do apologise if my privacy glass has offended you as it has offended "Shawty" ;-)
[/quote]

:blink: :lol: :D :lol:
I Love This Forum :lol:
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1318271657' post='147872']
:blink: :lol: :D :lol:
I Love This Forum :lol:
[/quote]
Please don't laugh Lenny !!! I am about to be grassed on to the police for having priv glass ! 
Lenny
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1318273018' post='147876']
Please don't laugh Lenny !!! I am about to be grassed on to the police for having priv glass ! 
[/quote]

aw man not the Poe Lease :ph34r:

if i was a copper which i am most defo nightly Not

id let you away with it mate because your car looks Sexual B)
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1318273510' post='147877']
aw man not the Poe Lease :ph34r:

if i was a copper which i am most defo nightly Not

id let you away with it mate because your car looks Sexual B)
[/quote]
That's very kind of you but don't mention sexual content on here either as it may be deemed inappropriate and you maybe in trouble with the cyber cop lol !! 
sjwred
Holy crap,gone from tinting a car to having sexual cravings. BLOODY HELL 
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='sjwred' timestamp='1318279644' post='147906']
Holy crap,gone from tinting a car to having sexual cravings. BLOODY HELL 
[/quote]
Glad you all have found this amusing as myself ! Sexual cravings over a car is good though ! Why else have windows tinted lol 
DanGull
This thread has wandered from the original topic - and has got a little too heated. This is a good natured forum, keep it that way please people.

Fact of the matter is - that if you have illegal modifications on your car, then in technical terms your insurance is invalid. In real terms - this unlikely to cause a problem on a claim.

Now that the thread has been summed up in a couple of sentences, can we get back on track please?

A reminder that language that is not heard on the TV and radio before 9pm is not allowed here. Also, personal abuse is not tolerated. I see none of that here - just a heated debate, so let's keep it that way please.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1318282664' post='147913']
This thread has wandered from the original topic - and has got a little too heated. This is a good natured forum, keep it that way please people.

Fact of the matter is - that if you have illegal modifications on your car, then in technical terms your insurance is invalid. In real terms - this unlikely to cause a problem on a claim.

Now that the thread has been summed up in a couple of sentences, can we get back on track please?

A reminder that language that is not heard on the TV and radio before 9pm is not allowed here. Also, personal abuse is not tolerated. I see none of that here - just a heated debate, so let's keep it that way please.
[/quote]
No probs 
Will Clark IOM
You two cry me a flipping river would you, he wants to tint his windows then let him I'm sure he knows the risks and it ant hardly chavtastic look at me tints is it.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1318283731' post='147918']
You two cry me a flipping river would you, he wants to tint his windows then let him I'm sure he knows the risks and it ant hardly chavtastic look at me tints is it.
[/quote]
Totally agree and did not expect a response like I got off one individual , but as they say "There Is always one"
DanGull
This is not exactly what I had in mind for moving on...
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='DanGull' timestamp='1318284745' post='147921']
This is not exactly what I had in mind for moving on...
[/quote]
No harm done just have laugh 
Will Clark IOM
Sorry didnt realise commenting on someone else's post was against the online law, thanks for the heads up thought yer.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1318314110' post='147942']
Sorry didnt realise commenting on someone else's post was against the online law, thanks for the heads up thought yer.
[/quote]
jeebowhite
haha, wow this did get off topic. lol, Wick, dont get me wrong I think it looks good and really goes well, my comment was just a heads up just incase you hadnt too much experience, but I can see from the fact that you have had a lot of experience with it that you know enough about it!

anyways, it does look good, theres no denying that, just be wary, as I am sure from your previous claim you are aware, these insurance companies look for any nitty gritty reason not to pay out :(

my comments - looks good, and as long as your insured, and you dont get pulled and done for it - its all good :D

p.s. no your tints dont offend me... :)

So what have you got lined up next for your motor?
shawty1984
[quote name='Will Clark IOM' timestamp='1318283731' post='147918']
[/quote]

As stated many times the tints are neither here nor there in what they look like to me, that doesn't bother me. The fact that it's illegal which would invalidate your insurance is the main point here. I can't believe how many people seem to be laid back in someone that is basically driving about with no insurance. Lets face it, insurance companys will try to get out of paying if they don't have to. The point for me wasn't the look of his car or whether they suit the car, more if he crashes into someone with illegal tints on the car. Would you be like this if he had crashed into you with no insurance? We all know the answer to this don't we, you will be calling for him to be jailed and all sorts, so why do people take the 'I'm not bothered' approach just because it hasn't happened yet. The more stupid people of our roads the better and if that means stupid people that tint their front windows so they are illegal, then so be it. See I don't want people with no insurance crashing into me and maybe causing me or my family/friends injury or death.

EDIT

I know we are supposed to be moving on, but I feel that the topic of illegal tints and no insurance is very on topic seeing as someone posted saying they have illegal tints on their car.
Haylo714
Nice tints,

Thinking about getting my rears done as it didn't come with car - can they be done absoluteley bubble free or are they inevitible?
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1318336810' post='148001']
haha, wow this did get off topic. lol, Wick, dont get me wrong I think it looks good and really goes well, my comment was just a heads up just incase you hadnt too much experience, but I can see from the fact that you have had a lot of experience with it that you know enough about it!

anyways, it does look good, theres no denying that, just be wary, as I am sure from your previous claim you are aware, these insurance companies look for any nitty gritty reason not to pay out :(

my comments - looks good, and as long as your insured, and you dont get pulled and done for it - its all good :D

p.s. no your tints dont offend me... :)

So what have you got lined up next for your motor?
[/quote]
No probs mate - only had this 2 weeks and impressed ! Maybe tempted next year for this Focus coupe when it comes out ? I work for Landrover so get good discounts sometimes so what ever looks good I go for as new cars are a big loss in money once driven off forecourt so it has to be good for me to go for it ! I had a nice Fiesta zetec S before this and loved it but focus came up at good price and part ex was good on fiesta so had to do it.
My Fiesta ZS I just part Ex'd :-
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/77fb313c.jpg[/IMG]
Great car and sad to let it go !!
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='Haylo714' timestamp='1318343550' post='148014']
Nice tints,

Thinking about getting my rears done as it didn't come with car - can they be done absoluteley bubble free or are they inevitible?
[/quote]
Mine are bubble free mate and only 50 for fronts !
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318339494' post='148010']
As stated many times the tints are neither here nor there in what they look like to me, that doesn't bother me. The fact that it's illegal which would invalidate your insurance is the main point here. I can't believe how many people seem to be laid back in someone that is basically driving about with no insurance. Lets face it, insurance companys will try to get out of paying if they don't have to. The point for me wasn't the look of his car or whether they suit the car, more if he crashes into someone with illegal tints on the car. Would you be like this if he had crashed into you with no insurance? We all know the answer to this don't we, you will be calling for him to be jailed and all sorts, so why do people take the 'I'm not bothered' approach just because it hasn't happened yet. The more stupid people of our roads the better and if that means stupid people that tint their front windows so they are illegal, then so be it. See I don't want people with no insurance crashing into me and maybe causing me or my family/friends injury or death.

EDIT

I know we are supposed to be moving on, but I feel that the topic of illegal tints and no insurance is very on topic seeing as someone posted saying they have illegal tints on their car
We have moved on now so not debating - everyone else likes them and can seem to see my reasoning that police won't hassle me as not to dark. Thanks for your input though it's been very useful ......
shawty1984
[quote]We have moved on now so not debating - everyone else likes them and can seem to see my reasoning that police won't hassle me as not to dark. Thanks for your input though it's been very useful ......
[/quote]

Firstly, I was replying to someone else who seemed to want to continue the conversation. Secondly, do you actually read what I write or not? I never really said the Police would be bothered, I'm more talking about the the insurance companys who try to get out of paying.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='shawty1984' timestamp='1318345983' post='148020']
Firstly, I was replying to someone else who seemed to want to continue the conversation. Secondly, do you actually read what I write or not? I never really said the Police would be bothered, I'm more talking about the the insurance companys who try to get out of paying.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/77fb313c.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/wickwick10_1/5591b3d3.jpg[/IMG]

Full Colour Version: Front Priv Glass Done !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.