Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powertrain Mailfunction
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
young fez
hello i am new to the forum, i have a ford focus 1.6tdci 109bhp on a 2006 reg. i have a light come on the dash and its the powertrain malfunction,anyone got any ideas or had this problem,any help would be great,cheers
jeebowhite
PTM or PCM faults would need to be dealt with by the dealer, could be the powertrain itself or the control module. To my knowledge its not easy nor cheap to fix I am afraid so bare this in mind, and brace yourself when you speak to the dealer.

Unfortunately I suspect that this is going to be your cars next stop.
young fez
thanks mate,been a bit of a nightmare this car,already had a turbo fail on me and now the powertrain light has dissapered very strange indeed,if the car costs me more money it will be visting my local scrapyard via a claim,ha only jocking.
jeebowhite
[quote name='young fez' timestamp='1318268906' post='147858']
thanks mate,been a bit of a nightmare this car,already had a turbo fail on me and now the powertrain light has dissapered very strange indeed,if the car costs me more money it will be visting my local scrapyard via a claim,ha only jocking.
[/quote]

lol, sounds like yours was as 'good' as mine.. I kind of thought how much of a shame it would be if an 18 wheeler ran straight over my bonnet...
young fez
hi guys found out why my powertrain light was on,the reason was the dpf wanted filling up and regenerating needed 1 and a half litres of eloys fluid,got this done for 100 pound including software resetting, :D
jeebowhite
Good to hear its solved and for a not too rediculous price! strange reason to show the PTM / PCM light though... Shame they dont have an "uh oh your DPF is dudd" light... that would make life so much easier :)
young fez
i never took the car to main dealer.i went to a independent garage who had all the software to check it and not rip me off,car feels a lot quicker and smoother now.
jeebowhite
That isnt bad at all, how many miles you done? just the 37.5? or are you closer to the 70k mark?
young fez
my car not done bad its on 81k when they topped the dpf fluid up.
jeebowhite
Just got to be wary, if they didnt replace the DPF, that could go without warning, 1000 dealer job, or you could get it for around 500 if done independantly. if you have replaced the DPF already, you have nothing to worry about...

Full Colour Version: Powertrain Mailfunction
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.