Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 05-08 Steering Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Richiemac
Will a 2005 steering wheel fit a 2008 model ? Thanks in advance :) Richie.
jeebowhite
I believe the steering wheels are the same fit, as long as it fits the column. I believe the only changes were on the cosmetics of the car if your referring to the MK2 vs MK2.5, interior and exterior, but I am sure that the wheels are the same...

Any [particular reason your changing them if you dont mind my asking?
Richiemac
That leads nicely on to my next question, can cruise be retrofitted / activated if i fit the wheel with the cruise buttons ? Did it on my OH's Passat B6 and was a doddle. New to the Ford scene, only purchased last Friday, so still feeling my way so to speak....:)
jay1981
You could try changing the steering wheel for one with cruise control buttons and see if it works.

However, I would think that you would need a trip to your Ford dealer for the cruise control to be activated on the cars ECU
Richiemac
Thats the plan, i hope. I went ahead and ordered the wheel from ebay, leather too, soo hopefully they can activate it.
jeebowhite
You have to bare in mind that albeit, you may have a button and activated on the ECU, however you need the components as well. you may have 2 of the three by the end of this...

Full Colour Version: 05-08 Steering Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615