Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im Having The "time Of The Month"
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
DAM13N
Hi Peeps,

So i get a good deal on 4 195/60/R15 88H Continental Premuim Contact 2's decide to let the garage do a oil change and fuel filter change. I supplied all the parts and put in some castrol magnatec.
Anyway..

The Conti's Go on fine all balenced however i opted for 4 wheel alignment. The wheel alignment go's ok on the front however the rear left wont do a thing, the bolt sits there while the washer which is supposed to stay in place, goes round and round. There fore the left Rear wheel is plus 7!!!

Would this have a effect on the steering as this is out of place, even thou the front alignment is bang on?? The steering wheel to drive straight must be angled about 10% to the right, if i put the steering wheel in the straight position, i drive towards the left.

Would the rear left wheel not being aligned cause me to drive pulling towards the left?

I have located the part i need from ford the bolt kit, for wheel alignment rear price 15 quid not to bad.

Ford Focus Mk1.5 1.8 TDCI 115BHP

Any Help Would Be Apreciated....
artscot79
[quote name='DAM13N' timestamp='1318257425' post='147804']
Hi Peeps,

So i get a good deal on 4 195/60/R15 88H Continental Premuim Contact 2's decide to let the garage do a oil change and fuel filter change. I supplied all the parts and put in some castrol magnatec.
Anyway..

The Conti's Go on fine all balenced however i opted for 4 wheel alignment. The wheel alignment go's ok on the front however the rear left wont do a thing, the bolt sits there while the washer which is supposed to stay in place, goes round and round. There fore the left Rear wheel is plus 7!!!

Would this have a effect on the steering as this is out of place, even thou the front alignment is bang on?? The steering wheel to drive straight must be angled about 10% to the right, if i put the steering wheel in the straight position, i drive towards the left.

Would the rear left wheel not being aligned cause me to drive pulling towards the left?

I have located the part i need from ford the bolt kit, for wheel alignment rear price 15 quid not to bad.

Ford Focus Mk1.5 1.8 TDCI 115BHP

Any Help Would Be Apreciated....
[/quote]

all 4 wheels need to be alligned so if the rears are out then so are the front and yes thats why youre pulling you will also tramline where when you hit a bump going straight or round a bend the rear will skip

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.