Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Map Sensor Hose
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
nezbitten
Hi all

I just went to fill up my water bottle and noticed a rubber plug had come away from behind the engine, I went to plug it back in gripping the and plug and the hose simply shattered in my hand!!!

It looks like after 20 mins going through the Haynes manual looking for a photo of it the MAP sensor hose. These sensors are expensive so ive been told or seen on the net. would there be way to repair the hose? Can i use a bit of universal hosing and zip tie it on?

Its only 1/8 inch internal diameter hose but i don't know what sort to buy? Heat / pressure what goes through this hose anyway?

Thanks

Nez
btmaldon
I would have thought it was a vacuum type hose and therefore pressure. Take a section to your local motor factor and tell them how much you want. They will cut you some for a few pence.
stef123
Diesels are free breathing engines so it will need to be a hose capable of handling a relatively low pressure for when the turbo kick in, probably about 1 bar?

any chance of a picture of this pipe?
nezbitten
Sorry it took a while to come back to you guys.

It was 5mm eternal bore internal around 2.5, i ended up using a thicker walled pipe with a larger bore and simple squeezed it over both end. One in the MAP sensor one on the Hot part of the engine.

Instant improvement in performance and no squirting oily stuff into the engine bay

Thank you for all your help!

Nez

[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1318522809' post='148408']
Diesels are free breathing engines so it will need to be a hose capable of handling a relatively low pressure for when the turbo kick in, probably about 1 bar?

any chance of a picture of this pipe?
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Map Sensor Hose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.