Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Speedometer
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
snowy88
I have a 02 2litre Mondeo TDCI automatic estate. Sometimes when the engine is started, after about 3or4 seconds the milage and trip meter go off and 2 lines appear when this happens the speedmeter does not work. If I turn the engine off and on again the problem clears,not allways at the first attempt.I have tried other instrument clusters and the same thing happens, I assume the fault is not with the cluster.Can any one advise where the problem could be.
dezwez
[quote name='snowy88' timestamp='1318492020' post='148346']
I have a 02 2litre Mondeo TDCI automatic estate. Sometimes when the engine is started, after about 3or4 seconds the milage and trip meter go off and 2 lines appear when this happens the speedmeter does not work. If I turn the engine off and on again the problem clears,not allways at the first attempt.I have tried other instrument clusters and the same thing happens, I assume the fault is not with the cluster.Can any one advise where the problem could be.
[/quote]
could be your speed sensor maybe
snowy88
I have now found the cause of the faulty speedometer, The problem was two faulty cells in the battery, not bad enough to stop the car starting,but it lowered the voltage and caused the speedo to shut down.A new battery solved the problem. A company in Hull called MASTERTECH were very helpfull in solving the problem.
dezwez
[quote name='snowy88' timestamp='1321871846' post='153376']
I have now found the cause of the faulty speedometer, The problem was two faulty cells in the battery, not bad enough to stop the car starting,but it lowered the voltage and caused the speedo to shut down.A new battery solved the problem. A company in Hull called MASTERTECH were very helpfull in solving the problem.
[/quote]
great i will keep that in mind :)
mikeamapola
How can that be ?
Enough power to start the car but not enough to power the speedo ?? !! What about the power output from the alternator ?
Confused as I have the same problem. Perhaps I better do a voltage check on the battery first..............
thanks, Mike
mikeamapola
Forgot to mention that at the same time the seatbelt warning fails to work (goodie !)

Full Colour Version: Mondeo Speedometer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.