Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrade M2.5 Headlights
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
top banana
Hi all,
I am looking at upgrading my 58 reg facelift Focus headlights / bulbs.
Has anyone done this ?
Has anyone successfully converted to HID lights?

The headlights in mine are standard Halogen lights

Cheers TB
btmaldon
As HID's aren't legal unless you can find a whole lens kit that has automatic self levelling to meet the MOT standards, you may be better off buying some upgraded bulbs.
billym1
Hi, i've got a 2.5 58 plate too, and was thinking along the same lines, ended up using the white lights,and their a lot betteri just find
the beam settings a bugger to correct, not sure if its a ford thing, but its the only gripe i'v got about the car, poor lighting.

Incidently, just found out about the floor lighting, and now fitted LED's on the inner door handles.......looks cool
Lenny
[quote name='billym1' timestamp='1318586473' post='148498']
Hi, i've got a 2.5 58 plate too, and was thinking along the same lines, ended up using the white lights,and their a lot betteri just find
the beam settings a bugger to correct, not sure if its a ford thing, but its the only gripe i'v got about the car, poor lighting.

Incidently, just found out about the floor lighting, and now fitted LED's on the inner door handles.......looks cool
[/quote]

welcome to the forum,
you may also like the guide on installing an additional boot light see link in the list below this post B)
billym1
cheers lenny, waslooking at doing something with the boot lighting, trying to get the headlights sorted first,
artscot79
[quote name='billym1' timestamp='1318588932' post='148508']
cheers lenny, waslooking at doing something with the boot lighting, trying to get the headlights sorted first,
[/quote]

the best bulbs on the market are osram nightbreakers if you want useable light these cheap xenon look bulbs if you want my hoinest opinion and ive tried a few are absoloute junk if you want better light thats useable get the osram if you want summat that just has a blue look then the cheap ones will do
Ash88lfc
[quote name='billym1' timestamp='1318586473' post='148498']

[/quote]

never seen this before, sounds boss tho, can we get a picture uploaded mate?
top banana
Thanks all for your help. Got nightbreakers for my car....now to fix the sidelight bulb holder!!
top banana
Thanks again for all your help.
Has anyone here installed Projector type headlights on their focus and if so is it worth the upgrade?

Cheers
billym1
trying to upload the pics

first one is with no flash at night

second is with flash

the pics dont do it justice........ it looks the mutt's nuts !!!

got them fittrd on all 4 doors, and they all dim with the dash dimmer

Incidently..... the dimmer came off a focus cc.......10 off e-bay......steal of the century

exact fit !!
top banana
[quote name='billym1' timestamp='1319568610' post='149946']
trying to upload the pics

first one is with no flash at night

second is with flash

the pics dont do it justice........ it looks the mutt's nuts !!!

got them fittrd on all 4 doors, and they all dim with the dash dimmer

Incidently..... the dimmer came off a focus cc.......10 off e-bay......steal of the century

exact fit !!
[/quote]

I am too looking at getting a replacement dimmer/light switch. My focus does not have auto lights and the switches with dimmers have auto lights. Does your switch have auto lights and your focus not? did it cause any problems?
Cheers
billym1
Yeh mate, it has auto lights on the switch, but it doesn't work because i dont have the sensor, ( dont know where it is ) but just unplug the old unit and the other plugs straight in , no probs

Full Colour Version: Upgrade M2.5 Headlights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.