Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker Cover Gasket Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
flynny1
hi all,

after a bit of advice please. had an oil leak for a while, mechanic said the rocker cover gasket is cracked. said it would cost £250 fitted or i could get one from a scrapyard for £33 for him to fit. having looked on web, all i'm gettin is these pics of what look like long oval metal seals for less than £10. can someone tell me if its the big black metal cover or the metal seal thing? or if there's a leak, do i need both? very confused? cheers in advance for any help.

flynny
dezwez
[quote name='flynny1' timestamp='1318608974' post='148554']
hi all,

after a bit of advice please. had an oil leak for a while, mechanic said the rocker cover gasket is cracked. said it would cost £250 fitted or i could get one from a scrapyard for £33 for him to fit. having looked on web, all i'm gettin is these pics of what look like long oval metal seals for less than £10. can someone tell me if its the big black metal cover or the metal seal thing? or if there's a leak, do i need both? very confused? cheers in advance for any help.

flynny
[/quote]
£250 to fit a rocker cover gasket he,s takeing the p--s
see if you can get some pictures up so we can see the type of gasket
try photo bucket to upload your pictures :)
i sure someone here will be able to help.
Danny87
Yeah that's way too expensive. It's only a 30 minutes job max to replace these gaskets. You can probably do it yourself it's quite an easy job :). Like the post above me says get some pictures and we'll be able to advise you some more.

Dan
orion23
what model is yours,price seems to steep :blink:

Full Colour Version: Rocker Cover Gasket Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.