Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heated Door Mirrors?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jocojohn
Hi
How do I tell if I have heated door mirrors on my 2002 Focus Ghia 2.0l?
The Haynes manual says it does and the Parkers guide says it does (for Ghias too).
I've put the heated rear window on on cold mornings because that's supposedly on the same circuit, but the mirrors don't clear.
I've checked the heated mirrors' fuse (F50) and that's fine
I know one of my wing mirrors is broken, and if I were to fold it in, it'd snap off, so maybe that's broken a connection?
TIA
alz
you can tell by looking for the wire and plug coming from the mirror, or take out the glass, it will wired and have a element on the back..
tomo2001
Are they supposed to come on with the heated rear window or quickclear front or automatically when the car temp is below 3C ??
Preee
they come on with the heated rear window and only when that is pressed they are not automatic as far as i am aware
alz
yes, if you have that option, they only come on with the heated rear window.
focus steve77
When engine running switch on rear heated screen and feel your mirrors you will feel them get warm/hot-ish...
jocojohn
Just tried them. They do get warm to the touch. Just haven't noticed them clearing fine water mist away first thing in the morning, so didn't think they worked :unsure:
artscot79
[quote name='jocojohn' timestamp='1319612114' post='150013']
Just tried them. They do get warm to the touch. Just haven't noticed them clearing fine water mist away first thing in the morning, so didn't think they worked :unsure:
[/quote]

like the heated front they do warm up a bit slowly for abvious reasons heat up too quick they will crack the glass

Full Colour Version: Heated Door Mirrors?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615