Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electronics Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Daz333
Good morning all,

This is my first post on here and I'm really hoping someone can help me solve an issue I have with my Mk3 Mondeo TDDI. The issue that I have is that my rear lights and parking lights have stopped working. Also, the green lights that illuminate the dashboard are also not working, however, one of these stopped working a few weeks ago but the other remaining one allowed me to see my petrol gage and speed etc in the dark. Now that these are gone, I am only able to see the two LCD displays at the bottom which are the temperture and odometer.

I have checked all the fuses behind the glovebox and also the auxillary fusebox in the engine bay. I did find that one of the blue 15a fuses in the engine bay had blown, but changing it didn't seem to have a positive affect on my issue with the rear lights.

I might have a possible clue as to how this has happened...I was using the ciggarette lighter to power a pump for my tyres and the other day when pumping up my rear nearside tyre, I pulled on the cable and ended up pulling out the whole assembly where the lighter is installed. This was loose before (must have been done by a previous owner) but since this I have found that my rear lights, dashboard lights and parking lights do not work.

After checking all the fuses and confirming these are all now still intact, I am really struggling for other ideas. I don't believe that multiple bulbs have blown all in one go but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful,

Thanks,

Darren
SirKit Breaker
[quote name='Daz333' timestamp='1319278911' post='149508']
Good morning all,

This is my first post on here and I'm really hoping someone can help me solve an issue I have with my Mk3 Mondeo TDDI. The issue that I have is that my rear lights and parking lights have stopped working. Also, the green lights that illuminate the dashboard are also not working, however, one of these stopped working a few weeks ago but the other remaining one allowed me to see my petrol gage and speed etc in the dark. Now that these are gone, I am only able to see the two LCD displays at the bottom which are the temperture and odometer.

I have checked all the fuses behind the glovebox and also the auxillary fusebox in the engine bay. I did find that one of the blue 15a fuses in the engine bay had blown, but changing it didn't seem to have a positive affect on my issue with the rear lights.

I might have a possible clue as to how this has happened...I was using the ciggarette lighter to power a pump for my tyres and the other day when pumping up my rear nearside tyre, I pulled on the cable and ended up pulling out the whole assembly where the lighter is installed. This was loose before (must have been done by a previous owner) but since this I have found that my rear lights, dashboard lights and parking lights do not work.

After checking all the fuses and confirming these are all now still intact, I am really struggling for other ideas. I don't believe that multiple bulbs have blown all in one go but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful,

Thanks,

Have you checked further under the fag lighter you pulled out to see if you have disturbed a multiplug connector somewhere out of sight?

Full Colour Version: Electronics Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615