Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tryes Size
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
dezwez
at the moment i have 195/60 r15 r/ h rated on my ford focus on the front and back
what i would like to no is could i put 195/65 r 15 v rated on the back leaving the front as they were thanks :)
jeebowhite
hi dez,

first of all why would you want to have wider tyres with a higher speed rating on the back? chopper style??

theoretically you could, however you probably leave yourself open to understeer, as the rear is gripping a wider surface and potentially with more tread than the front, so you could lose stability.

I dont see why it couldnt be done though?
tommy.h
Hi

both front and rear tyres are 195 the only difference is the profile which would not in itself give any extra grip to the rear.
so it is possible.

tom
btmaldon
I would still like to know why, as it isn't going to improve things.
dezwez
[quote name='btmaldon' timestamp='1319660923' post='150123']
I would still like to know why, as it isn't going to improve things.
[/quote]
someone i no had them in there shed i was hopeing to save a buck but
now have gone out and had new tryes as the free one look a load off crap so all the same now thanks
to all that replyed :) 195/60/15 /h /on front and back .
colinben
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1319546922' post='149875']
hi dez,

first of all why would you want to have wider tyres with a higher speed rating on the back? chopper style??

theoretically you could, however you probably leave yourself open to understeer, as the rear is gripping a wider surface and potentially with more tread than the front, so you could lose stability.

I dont see why it couldnt be done though?
[/quote]
I thought the middle number was the thickness of the tyre wall not width?
jeebowhite
[quote name='colinben' timestamp='1319725173' post='150180']
I thought the middle number was the thickness of the tyre wall not width?
[/quote]

If I', mot mistaken, its width vs profile vs wheel size vs speed rating... so that would be 5 mm higher from the rim to the tread on one wheel than the originals (if that makes sense) hence my comment on "chopper style"

Full Colour Version: Tryes Size
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.