Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Problem On An S Reg 1.3 Endura Fiestahello All
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
alexltw
Hello all .it probably is the clutch ! I drove to the petrol station no probs clutch not slipping or pedal high.
got back in whent to drive off no clutch???????? but there is pressure on the pedal ie does not got straight to the floor has resistance .please put me out of my misery . had a new clutch about 50000 miles ago.And no I don,t ride the clutch . cheers alex
mintalkin
it could be the clutch cable thats broke.check to see if the clutch still operates the lever on top of the gearbox,the resistance you feel on the pedal could be just the return springs pressure.
jay1981
Have a look under the bonnet and see if you can see the clutch lever moving when the pedal is pressed and released. The clutch lever is on top of the gearbox on the right hand side.

If the lever does not move then the problem is the pedal box or clutch cable and is usually an easy fix. If the lever moves, then the chances are the gearbox will need to come out as the fault is inside the gearbox. Might have a broken clutch arm inside the gearbox, which will be quite expensive to repair.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.