Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running Usb Feed Under Dashboard
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jocojohn
Hi,
I would like to run a micro USB cable from behind my cigar lighter (where I will tap off and store a 12V to USB converter), up, through, and out of the windscreen vent at the back of the dashboard, to plug into my car kit. Could anyone tell me if this is possible on a 2002 Focus Ghia 2.0l
Thanks
Preee
So your wanting to use the USB socket as a charging point for your device ?
If thats all you require it to do is charge then it will be fine to run from a 12v source , put an inline fuse in if i was you nice and low ampage.

IS there no where else besides the Vent , as in winter your going ot have heat on all the time.
jocojohn
I already have a USB port supply (with fuse) connected to spade terminals to piggy back onto the back of the lighter, that I made for my previous car. I don't mind running the cable through the windscreen vent coz the windscreen air is only on for short while in the morning. I'm just wondering if there's a route from on top of the radio (behind the dashboard adjustable vents) to the back to pop out of the windscreen vents
Preee
Only way to really see is remove the radio , and grab a torch .

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.