Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Service Tools
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
stef123
Hi all,

Well after spending a while searching for somewhere that sells the ford service tools (ford dont sell them) i have finally found a website..

[url="http://www.spxtools-shop.com/jlr/index.php?cat=c20553_Special-Tools.html&brand=ford&c=20553&language=en&"]See here[/url]
Preee
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1319971527' post='150562']
Hi all,

Well after spending a while searching for somewhere that sells the ford service tools (ford dont sell them) i have finally found a website..

[url="http://www.spxtools-shop.com/jlr/index.php?cat=c20553_Special-Tools.html&brand=ford&c=20553&language=en&"]See here[/url]
[/quote]

Nice Find Stef
stef123
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1319971849' post='150565']
Nice Find Stef
[/quote]

thanks pree,

just found the proper tool for mk2 focus front bearings. I made one from a piece of steel plate and a huge piece of steel pipe lol
Preee
I guess with ford they don't want us doing the work ourselves :ph34r:

stef123
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1319973164' post='150569']
I guess with ford they don't want us doing the work ourselves :ph34r:
[/quote]

i guess so. so now when you read a haynes manual and it says ford use tool... you know where to get it lol
Preee
Haynes manuals are not like they used to be , Wiring diagrams for instance , when i fitted my Door lights yesterday , the wiring diagram in the manual is no where near what i found lol , i know there may be different wiring as per model , but these were way out .
The older books were much more detailed around the wiring , but i guess with all the GEM ' s etc. they are different now.

But it helped with the small stuff like removing the panels , without trying to guess or search lol
stef123
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1319973941' post='150571']
Haynes manuals are not like they used to be , Wiring diagrams for instance , when i fitted my Door lights yesterday , the wiring diagram in the manual is no where near what i found lol , i know there may be different wiring as per model , but these were way out .
The older books were much more detailed around the wiring , but i guess with all the GEM ' s etc. they are different now.

But it helped with the small stuff like removing the panels , without trying to guess or search lol
[/quote]

i completely agree. I never rely on any of the haynes manuals but they do give a little insight of what to expect or where that hidden screw might be :lol:

in haynes they say that it is impossible to remove the front wheel bearing on a mk2 focus without using ford tool 204-348, so thats kinda handy for anyone thinking about undertaking the task. I managed to make a tool for this but that website has them, expensive though unless you plan on doing a few or renting it..
[url="http://www.spxtools-shop.com/jlr/product_info.php?info=p12801&cPath=196_20553_17739_17772_17773_17774.html"]here[/url]

Full Colour Version: Ford Service Tools
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.