Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heated Rear Screen Covered Under Warranty?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
PaulB1803
I've had my Focus for a few weeks now, and have been waiting to see if there were any niggles with the car that could be fixed under the manufacturers warranty. Only probs i have are that the passenger door front deadlock makes a grinding/whirry noise when locking, and part of the heated rear screen doesn't work. I'm confident the lock is covered but not sure on the rear screen. Anyone any experience with warranty repairs on this? Its a 58 plate Focus, and the 3 year warranty expires next month.

thanks in advance. :)
jeebowhite
[quote name='PaulB1803' timestamp='1320004062' post='150614']
I've had my Focus for a few weeks now, and have been waiting to see if there were any niggles with the car that could be fixed under the manufacturers warranty. Only probs i have are that the passenger door front deadlock makes a grinding/whirry noise when locking, and part of the heated rear screen doesn't work. I'm confident the lock is covered but not sure on the rear screen. Anyone any experience with warranty repairs on this? Its a 58 plate Focus, and the 3 year warranty expires next month.

thanks in advance. :)
[/quote]

Unless there is any third party damage to windscreen, (i.e. large chips or cracks) it will be covered by warranty, its a defect from the factory, and as such will be covered as long as there is no way that you could have caused the damage, in which case, you probably couldnt.

as for the lock, I agree warranty should be covered
PaulB1803
Cheers, took it in on Thursday, and they ordered a new screen and whatever part for the lock. All under warranty with no hassle at all.

Can't inagine I will get the same response at sales when I tell them I want a refund of the diamondbrite cost as they sealed dirt in the sills. No wonder I couldn't get it looking clean down there lol.
jeebowhite
with reference to the diamondbrite, if its underneath the layer then you have every right to ask for a refund, unless it states in the Ts and Cs that they accept no responsibility if there is any dirt underneath, you have every reason to complain and request a refund!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.