Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K&n Panel Filter Cleaning
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
HeadShoT2009
Ordered all my stuff to do my servivce from euro car parts, but they had to get the K&N air Filter oil and cleaner in and a couple of other things. Went and pick it up didn't think about checking everything was right as I havn't had a problem with them before. All it was, was a big spray bottle of air filter cleaner and degreaser, one thing is I'm not sure if this is the correct cleaner anyway and second I dont have the oil.
So rang them and the said got to there website and order the kit on there website and have it sent to the store and there would exchange and make the difference. So went on there website and can't find anything of the sort not even the cleaner they sold me. So just thinking of getting my money back and getting it else where, where do you guys get yours. Also what is the difference between the white kits and the black kits and how is is it to actually to clean as this is my first time.
Thanks in advance.
stef123
I have never bothered with the k&n cleaner, ive always used a bit degreaser in warm water and then a rinse. I've always used the k&n oil though, last time i bought it was from ebay i think.
artscot79
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1320006350' post='150621']
I have never bothered with the k&n cleaner, ive always used a bit degreaser in warm water and then a rinse. I've always used the k&n oil though, last time i bought it was from ebay i think.
[/quote]

maybe this helps always used it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Filter-Charger-Kit-Oil-and-Cleaner-/200612132364?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2eb56a360c
HeadShoT2009
How many times will that do or is it basicaly what you need for the one time, as the cleaner they sold me is in a big spray bottle like you get window cleaner and stuff in. Also what is the difference in the white one and the black ones.
jay1981
I usually just the give the K & N filters a blast through with compressed air. Seems to do the job.
stef123
[quote name='HeadShoT2009' timestamp='1320281132' post='151072']
How many times will that do or is it basicaly what you need for the one time, as the cleaner they sold me is in a big spray bottle like you get window cleaner and stuff in. Also what is the difference in the white one and the black ones.
[/quote]

the filter only needs a really light coating of oil, a couple of sprays should be enough if you have covered it all.

Full Colour Version: K&n Panel Filter Cleaning
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.