Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Wobble/shaking?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
bodkin40
I have a 2001 20L mondeo ghia, when driving (any speed, any gear) i have a wobble/ shaking going through the car. It only does it while accelerating, it stops when you take your foot off the peddle. Also when going over bumps or speed humps there is a loud knocking coming from the front. I dont know if this is linked with the shaking. Thanks for any help i can get.
mr pompey
could be wish bones, etc etc, jack the car up and have a look and see if u can see anything lose
bodkin40
thanks will give them a look today
DC1982
Anti roll bar bushes?
Plantymick
[quote name='bodkin40' timestamp='1320088558' post='150720']
I have a 2001 20L mondeo ghia, when driving (any speed, any gear) i have a wobble/ shaking going through the car. It only does it while accelerating, it stops when you take your foot off the peddle. Also when going over bumps or speed humps there is a loud knocking coming from the front. I dont know if this is linked with the shaking. Thanks for any help i can get.
[/quote]
Plantymick
It could be as simple as loose wheel nuts, or as a constant knock could be a drive shaft cv joint, turn the car at low speed 5mph, lock to lock and see if the knock get worse on one side, if it does you need new drive shaft

Regards

Mike
SirKit Breaker
Or maybe an engine mounting.
Fergal
Outer C.V. Joint. Change both sides when you are at it.

Full Colour Version: Mondeo Wobble/shaking?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.