Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rattle In Neutral
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
rob+
I've got a 2003 tddi focus. Had the clutch done as it was getting tough to drive (had limped around for weeks :) ). When I got the car back it had a rattle when in neutral without the clutch pressed. After consulting haynes and google I have come to the conclusion that its the front input shaft bearing. My question is though, could the mechanic have damaged this when removing the gearbox to do the clutch? Has anyone else had this problem after a clutch being done?
artscot79
[quote name='rob+' timestamp='1320180848' post='150865']
I've got a 2003 tddi focus. Had the clutch done as it was getting tough to drive (had limped around for weeks :) ). When I got the car back it had a rattle when in neutral without the clutch pressed. After consulting haynes and google I have come to the conclusion that its the front input shaft bearing. My question is though, could the mechanic have damaged this when removing the gearbox to do the clutch? Has anyone else had this problem after a clutch being done?
[/quote]

mine did it too on my mk1 petrol just before i got rid of it wasnt the mechanic though but i was told there have been a lot of boxes repaired or replaced as the gear box oil is rarely checked unless specified and rarely changed either

Full Colour Version: Rattle In Neutral
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615