Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Annoyed!!! Mrs Uses My Car !!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Wickwick10_1
Mrs used my car this wk and I used hers as she works local and keep miles equaled out - noticed light scuff on back wheel !! Not happy ! Then notice chunk out the front wheel and not only that she took chunk out the tyre too !!! She said she never even realised ......and can't see why so annoyed and gutted .......��
catch
come on, it's not her fault..............it's purely an accident of birth :rolleyes:

When I hear stuff like this it just reminds me of the advantageous effect on my blood pressure, the decision never to buy new has been :)
You know where I fear females most..............supermarket car parks ;)

feel for you mate, but that's life
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='catch' timestamp='1320515408' post='151407']
come on, it's not her fault..............it's purely an accident of birth :rolleyes:

When I hear stuff like this it just reminds me of the advantageous effect on my blood pressure, the decision never to buy new has been :)
You know where I fear females most..............supermarket car parks ;)

feel for you mate, but that's life
[/quote]
She can't see why I am so gutted ? I can understand the light rear scuff she did not kno about but to chunk the tyre and alloy you would kno !
poshpawsfiesta
Make her pay for the damage out of her shoe and handbag allowance, but this is normally the point where you smack yourself on the forehead and realise you have a joint account lol :)
But normally with my car its opening the door on to a brick wall and looking at me and giggling thinking its going to make me forgive her, that really grates at me.
Or, getting in the car, putting the seat all the way forward so there is a 1 inch gap between her kness and the glovebox lid and then her mobile phone rings and she pulls her handbag up through the gap with all its metal buckles making deep groves in the glovebox lid, grrrr !!
And theres the usual foot marks on the dashboard and windscreen, mascara marks on the ceiling where shes doing her eyes and i go over a bump ( but then some how its my fault for going over the bump!) and to add to the wound my seatbelts always turn orange from the foundation she puts on like a mask!
But when i go on her new laptop and apparently 'bang' the keys too hard all hell breaks loose!
Urghh rant over lol :)
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' timestamp='1320518597' post='151414']
Make her pay for the damage out of her shoe and handbag allowance, but this is normally the point where you smack yourself on the forehead and realise you have a joint account lol :)
But normally with my car its opening the door on to a brick wall and looking at me and giggling thinking its going to make me forgive her, that really grates at me.
Or, getting in the car, putting the seat all the way forward so there is a 1 inch gap between her kness and the glovebox lid and then her mobile phone rings and she pulls her handbag up through the gap with all its metal buckles making deep groves in the glovebox lid, grrrr !!
And theres the usual foot marks on the dashboard and windscreen, mascara marks on the ceiling where shes doing her eyes and i go over a bump ( but then some how its my fault for going over the bump!) and to add to the wound my seatbelts always turn orange from the foundation she puts on like a mask!
But when i go on her new laptop and apparently 'bang' the keys too hard all hell breaks loose!
[/quote]
Mate I agree - cant see why I am so angry , new tyre is 200 and 2 x new alloys is about 360 - she has said get it sorted but only had car 4 wks so not gonna throw 600 at it ! To be honest most people won't notice but I know it's there ! Foot prints on the window tho bud I would be worried there lol wink wink .......
tomo2001
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1320520064' post='151417']
Mate I agree - cant see why I am so angry , new tyre is 200 and 2 x new alloys is about 360 - she has said get it sorted but only had car 4 wks so not gonna throw 600 at it ! To be honest most people won't notice but I know it's there ! Foot prints on the window tho bud I would be worried there lol wink wink .......
[/quote]

Get the alloy refurbed for around 50-60, it'll look as good as new. Wouldn't bother with tyre unless its dangerous.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1320520467' post='151419']
Get the alloy refurbed for around 50-60, it'll look as good as new. Wouldn't bother with tyre unless its dangerous.
[/quote]
Tyre mate just ripped the protector but no metal showing and can't tell unless close - may get refurb eventually but I may calm down in a week or so and realise not to bad ! You wait till I scuff her high heels on her shoes and before you ask no I won't be wearing them lol
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1320520064' post='151417']
[/quote]
Haha well... if you have 'fully indepandant control blade multi link rear suspension' you've got to test it out somehow lol, jokes!
But if you do decide to get them refurbed' i would suggest waiting till after the xmas period as having such low profile tyres you are more likely than not, to hit them in the snow and ice know matter how carefull you are! (not wanting to jynx you ofcourse.)
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' timestamp='1320526225' post='151434']
Haha well... if you have 'fully indepandant control blade multi link rear suspension' you've got to test it out somehow lol, jokes!
But if you do decide to get them refurbed' i would suggest waiting till after the xmas period as having such low profile tyres you are more likely than not, to hit them in the snow and ice know matter how carefull you are! (not wanting to jynx you ofcourse.)
[/quote]
Mate perfectionist me so will prob get 2 new alloys and tyre after Xmas 😢
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1320526321' post='151436']
Mate perfectionist me so will prob get 2 new alloys and tyre after Xmas ��
[/quote]
Not a bad idea, if you have the spare cash of course.
But you could still probally get 100 for a slightly scuffed 18 inch alloy, if you sell them on ebay.
2011fiesta
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' timestamp='1320518597' post='151414']
[/quote]

Lmao! You thought of doing stand up?

Paul :)
ford focus edge
I love how you guys are moaning about girls driving them I'd prefer my mum to take my car than my dad last time he took it to work (race marshal at oulton park) he used it as a safety car for the day ie with the lights on the roof etc the poor thing came home with its tongue hanging out. Old sod that said though my mum has bashed the rear passenger side alloy in but there all corroded and curbed anyway ... how i miss my jobless days cleaning my mk1 :(
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='poshpawsfiesta' timestamp='1320526807' post='151439']
Not a bad idea, if you have the spare cash of course.
But you could still probally get 100 for a slightly scuffed 18 inch alloy, if you sell them on ebay.
[/quote]
Just cleaned car and touched up - not to bad mate to be honest but I am fussy lol
kevin lancelott
Its not just my girl friend then.When she gets in the car I tell her not to touch anything.She says she gets bored. Lipstick on the sun blind,closing and moving the air vents.Even put her feet on dash the last time so boots touched the window and dirt from boots on window.I went mad on that one.
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='kevin lancelott' timestamp='1320601668' post='151516']
Its not just my girl friend then.When she gets in the car I tell her not to touch anything.She says she gets bored. Lipstick on the sun blind,closing and moving the air vents.Even put her feet on dash the last time so boots touched the window and dirt from boots on window.I went mad on that one.
[/quote]
Yes but mate to them it's "JUST" a car !!! You only have to watch a women wash a car to see what she thinks of them ......... 😉
cuke
Hi, my partner must be an exception to the rule then, after one and half years of ownership the alloys on her Mazda 2 are completely unmarked. However it is me that has to give it the wash TLC, and it gets the same treatment as my own car. Having said that I 'slightly' kerbed the front offside wheel the other day against a kerb, I probably shouldn't really be driving with the meds I'm on and I think that is the reason why I misjudged the distance from the wheel to the kerb.
Chris
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1320608497' post='151539']
Hi, my partner must be an exception to the rule then, after one and half years of ownership the alloys on her Mazda 2 are completely unmarked. However it is me that has to give it the wash TLC, and it gets the same treatment as my own car. Having said that I 'slightly' kerbed the front offside wheel the other day against a kerb, I probably shouldn't really be driving with the meds I'm on and I think that is the reason why I misjudged the distance from the wheel to the kerb.
Chris
[/quote]
Most women can't judge that's the problem !!! I will strap her handbag to the alloy and bet she keeps away from kerb then ? They just can't drive as good men !!! 😡
2011fiesta
Suprised none of female FOC members have spoke up on this thread.... :-s

...yet?
johnH
i hate it when my dad drives my car...

picture a bus driver, who is used to driving automatic buses for a living and hasnt owned a car in over 5 years...getting behind the wheel of a car and using manual gears.

my gearbox and clutch cries when he gets in :lol:
poshpawsfiesta
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1320605629' post='151531']
Yes but mate to them it's "JUST" a car !!! You only have to watch a women wash a car to see what she thinks of them ......... ��
[/quote]
haha funny you should say that mum my will use anything as car soap from washing powder capsule thing ( apperently that was ok beacause it was 'fairy' delecate ect haha) to washing up liquid, lavender had soap and the other day it was last year's christmas bath bomb haha but least she makes the effort to keep it clean i suppose :)
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='2011fiesta' timestamp='1320611643' post='151551']

...yet?
[/quote]
Maybe because it's true .......;-)
Nigel S
Let this be a question of "respecting someone elses property" rather than "women can't drive as well as men" because one subject is predicatble and boring and the other not.
cuke
Hi, I'll be the first to agree with you on that. There are plenty, plenty, of rubbish male driver out there and I think more so than female. It is arrogance and 'I can't do anything wrong' that gets you into trouble.
Chris
catch
[quote name='2011fiesta' timestamp='1320611643' post='151551']

...yet?
[/quote]

Yes me also, I mean I set some bait down :D early on in the thread, but not had so much as a nibble.........I thought now this could turn out to be an entertaining thread.......but you know what it still is, even without any feisty females wading in to support the Sisterhood :ph34r:
jeebowhite
I blame councils who use high kerbs everywhere... small kerbs are fine, at least if you touch it your not likely to scuff it all, but then you get councils who put high kerbs into a small carpark, where you need to do a million point turn just to get out...

I scuffed my wheel when I got my car - its probably not too bad, but to me, its ugly as...

Full Colour Version: Annoyed!!! Mrs Uses My Car !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.