Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 petrol engine problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
sobaka
2.0 litre petrol engines are the cheapest and the most reliable motor available in the ford smax range. They are being driven by a timing chain as opposed to the timing belt and require very little maintenance in comparison to the other cars in the smax range. Not only you buy it cheaper, the annual cost on maintenance and road tax is much less than any of the diesel engines or the volvo 2.5T.

There are no common faults for this motor. Refer to general smax faults section for trim and other problems.

Said that, I had myself a problem of non stable idle revvs. At traffic lights the car was almost stalling. No problem with the throttle.

This is definitely not a common problem but if you encounter this the fix for mine was replacement of the idle valve after a year long investigation by two separate ford dealers.
jasonmarie
2.0 petrol engine problems dont think there will be any post on here as its the best engine going !
sobaka
[quote name='jasonmarie' post='9645' date='Jan 11 2009, 04:56 PM']2.0 petrol engine problems dont think there will be any post on here as its the best engine going ![/quote]

Of course Jason, the most reliable motor. Did you expect anything less? :D

Full Colour Version: 2.0 petrol engine problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.