Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dmf Help Needed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
peanut1
hi all i have a mondeo 2.0 lx and my cluch has started to slip the pedal is right up the top and iv been told that i may need a dule mass flywheel but i have done some homework and all the dmf probs i can fined are making noises were as my car is not it starts/drives/changes gear fine is there a way of telling if i need a dmf before striping the box your help will be most wecome...luke ;)
dave h
[quote name='peanut1' timestamp='1320785721' post='151849']
hi all i have a mondeo 2.0 lx and my cluch has started to slip the pedal is right up the top and iv been told that i may need a dule mass flywheel but i have done some homework and all the dmf probs i can fined are making noises were as my car is not it starts/drives/changes gear fine is there a way of telling if i need a dmf before striping the box your help will be most wecome...luke ;)
[/quote]
Hi peanut1, The flywheel can be checked with the gearbox out by checking how many teeth movement is in it, but it is good practice to put a complete kit in as if it fails in a few months you will have to pay the labour to strip ity all down again. Hope that helps Dave
flying clutchman
Generally speaking the DMFs on petrol models last ok, on the diesels you should ALWAYS change them with the clutch. Never had to change one on a petrol yet, but there's always a first time!
peanut1
dmf is ok its and the clutch slips in 2/3/4/5 now so got my mate to do it for 100 cash + the cost clutch that not bad is it ?
flying clutchman
[quote name='peanut1' timestamp='1321021929' post='152200']
dmf is ok its and the clutch slips in 2/3/4/5 now so got my mate to do it for 100 cash + the cost clutch that not bad is it ?
[/quote]
Very cheap--------as long as he knows what he's doing! If not it might be very expensive!
peanut1
yea he works for honda so he is good ..will i have to change the thrust berring when i change the clutch
flying clutchman
[quote name='peanut1' timestamp='1321287972' post='152581']
yea he works for honda so he is good ..will i have to change the thrust berring when i change the clutch
[/quote]
If you get a three part kit including the concentric it won't cost much more. It's not usually really neccessary (leave well alone theory!) but is the best idea for the sake of another 25 or so.

Full Colour Version: Dmf Help Needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615