Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lack Of Power
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Maz72
Hi my 2005 mondeo tdci 130 has just started playing up ,its suddenly lost power especially in 1st and second,in the last 8 months i had a split in intercooler hose and a split in egr pipe,i have cleaned out the egr valve and changed fuel filter today but still the same,how many more pipes are there that could have split?i have plugged in obd at home and theres no codes stored,Any ideas? Cheers
Maz72
Could this be possible clutch problem? never had one play up before so i dont know how it would feel,i can change gear no problem,Thanks
Bill Badger
I can't see this being a clutch problem. If the clutch was slipping, you would have noticed it more when changing into the higher gears, since the engine revs would have come down slowly (like driving an automatic).
Maz72
It was the clutch and dual mass just had them replaced 900 ouch drives great better than ever,but i have noticed a clunk noise when i start and turn engine off is this normal?
Bill Badger
Sorry to hear you've had to pay out for a clutch. If it softens the blow, my MK3 cost about 1400 by the time they had convinced us to have a new starter motor and fitted a new pulley kit as well.

I can't see how the clutch problem would have given you a power loss though. Doesn't seem to make sense. At least you're up and running again though.

Full Colour Version: Lack Of Power
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.