Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glow Plugs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Parf
Hi all,

Ive been having trouble starting my car and i thought it was the glow plugs so i bought a new set. I tried starting it yesterday and the battery was dead so i guess it wasnt the glow plugs. i have replaced the battery and seeing as i have the glow plugs i may as well replace them also as the wife is pregnant and i dont want to have starting issues in the cold weather.

Ive had a look at the engine and all i can see is the injectors. Are the glow plugs under the inlet manifold cover as i dont want to take it off if they are somewhere else.

Thanks
jeebowhite
They are just like a spark plug, so should have the same location. A quick search on google brought:

http://www.talkford.com/topic/154373-glow-plug-replacement/

Hopefully that should help you.
Parf
Thanks for the reply jeebowhite. I did find a youtube video on how to change them on a mondeo but the engine I have only went into the Mondeos from Mk 4. Ive had a look on the front of the engine but i cant see anything that looks like spark plugs. The engine in the video was from a Mk 3 too and the layout was completely different.

Ive done loads of searching and the best i can find is that you have to remove the EGR to get at them. I think ive found the EGR as it mentioned a metal pipe at the back of the engine but as i have no idea what it does, so unless im completely wrong and they are easier to change i think ill have to take it to a garage as I cant be without the car if I screw something up.

Full Colour Version: Glow Plugs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615