Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Questions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

New focus owner here , i just have a few questions about my new car.

-I have a titanium 1.6tdci (60 plate/08 model) and its got keyless entry , it says in the book to open the bonnet i need to use the spare key but is there another way such as a button inside the car?

-also it has the push start button and if i just want the ignition on i press the button once without the clutch pressed down ,but how do i turn the ignition back off?

cheers guys
Preee
[quote name='mitch84' timestamp='1321789588' post='153283']
Hi

New focus owner here , i just have a few questions about my new car.

-I have a titanium 1.6tdci (60 plate/08 model) and its got keyless entry , it says in the book to open the bonnet i need to use the spare key but is there another way such as a button inside the car?

-also it has the push start button and if i just want the ignition on i press the button once without the clutch pressed down ,but how do i turn the ignition back off?

cheers guys
[/quote]

There is no button inside to open the bonnet , you should have the remote key which has the key built in

Press the button again with out the clutch down to turn ignition off
mitch84
yep ive got 2 keyless remotes and a spare key so will just use the key inside the remote.

on a side note the key that comes out of the remote , does it fit back in the other way round so i have something to hold when using the key or is it a case of taking the key out and using it as it is?

thanks
Preee
[quote name='mitch84' timestamp='1321793408' post='153287']
yep ive got 2 keyless remotes and a spare key so will just use the key inside the remote.

on a side note the key that comes out of the remote , does it fit back in the other way round so i have something to hold when using the key or is it a case of taking the key out and using it as it is?

thanks
[/quote]

You would have though Ford would have designed it that way , but sadly No, i messed around with mine for ages thinking Ford had designed a Puzzle for me lol

Make sure you unlock the car and open the door before you open the bonnet or you will set the alarm off
mitch84
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1321793954' post='153290']
You would have though Ford would have designed it that way , but sadly No, i messed around with mine for ages thinking Ford had designed a Puzzle for me lol

Make sure you unlock the car and open the door before you open the bonnet or you will set the alarm off
[/quote]

yeah my dad warned me about opening the doors first ,thanks.

I do have a few more things now ive had a bit more of a play with it!!!

It says you can check if its locked within 3 seconds after locking before it activates again so that you can open it ,but i tried and unless i was super slow it opened almost immediately after locking it so i had to put my keys in the house and then go and check its locked???

also my used car did not have the ipod cable so i tried the standard ipod usb cable that comes with the ipod and although my ipod connected to the system no sound could be heard so im guessing i need the cable with the combined usb and aux pin ?

thanks
Preee
As soon as i double press the button , then pulling on the handle before 3 seconds i can test that its locked.

Don't had an Ipod , i use a memory Stick that works perfect. there is a Thread here that explains you can download an update which fix's some blutooth issues and Ipod/Iphone issues and allows connect direct from USB cable and not have to use the aux pin.

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28277-fiesta-mk7-usb-software-update/"]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28277-fiesta-mk7-usb-software-update/[/url]
mitch84
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1321801553' post='153305']
As soon as i double press the button , then pulling on the handle before 3 seconds i can test that its locked.

Don't had an Ipod , i use a memory Stick that works perfect. there is a Thread here that explains you can download an update which fix's some blutooth issues and Ipod/Iphone issues and allows connect direct from USB cable and not have to use the aux pin.

[url="http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28277-fiesta-mk7-usb-software-update/"]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/28277-fiesta-mk7-usb-software-update/[/url]
[/quote]

i tried it with the actual remote , perhaps it only works by pressing the button on the door handle? , is that how you lock yours?

thanks
Preee
Yes the remote stays in my pocket and i never get it out , i always :

On opening walk upto the car and pull the handle it opens

On leaving the car i double press the button and then quickly pull the handle within 3 seconds to test its locked.

The remote Keyless entry should only worl if you are within 1 meter of selected areas of the car.

I know that if my key is not within half a meter of the drivers seat the car will not start.
mitch84
great i was always using the remote to lock it , i will try the door handle next time, one final question , have you used cruise control , ive always wondered what would happen if you turn it off with the foot off the accelerator, would it reduce speed rapidly?

should you have the foot on the gas when switching it off? and press the break in the event of having to slow down quickly?

thanks
Preee
I have used it , TBH i'm not keen on it, , Not tried just switching it off without my foot on the gas but i would imagine it would not catapult you through the windscreen, but you can brake or add gas to slow or go faster and releasing either pedal it will go back to what speed you have selected. You can also just increase or decrease speed by adjusting the buttons.
probably if i used it more i might get to like it :P
mitch84
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1321803039' post='153315']
I have used it , TBH i'm not keen on it, , Not tried just switching it off without my foot on the gas but i would imagine it would not catapult you through the windscreen, but you can brake or add gas to slow or go faster and releasing either pedal it will go back to what speed you have selected. You can alos just increase or decrease speen by adjusting the buttons.
probably if i used it more i might get to like it :P
[/quote]

yeah ive never used it so would like to try when i get the chance i supose you would not turn it off like that anyway as if you wanted to slow you would just press the break.

by the way thanks for the link on the ford audio update , im just wondering weather that would work on my system , i have the touchscreen sat nav display think its called a denso 7" ?
Preee
[quote name='mitch84' timestamp='1321803235' post='153316']
by the way thanks for the link on the ford audio update , im just wondering weather that would work on my system , i have the touchscreen sat nav display think its called a denso 7" ?
[/quote]

I believe the update is universal , and if it went wrong just take it to Ford under warranty , Ford updated mine early on this year after it murdered 2 memory sticks
mitch84
just went out in my car on a short journey and when i got back and locked up i noticed my fans or what sounded like fans running , is this normal?

cheers
Preee
I have a Petrol and never noticed that Did you have AC on , if you have controls set to demist screen AC comes on automatically , AC will cause fans to run.

Other then that is the operating temperature Ok?
mitch84
I did at one point but turned it off , i also had the rear heated screen on , after searching it seems it could be a normal thing that can occur such as someone mentioned it could be a regen something to do with (DPF)????
mitch84
hi

after a few days driving of my new focus , ive noticed there is 3 different steering setups, standard/comfort/sport , its on comfort at present which was on by default , is there a lot of difference between them? I was thinking of changing it to standard.
Preee
[quote name='mitch84' timestamp='1322044154' post='153629']
hi

after a few days driving of my new focus , ive noticed there is 3 different steering setups, standard/comfort/sport , its on comfort at present which was on by default , is there a lot of difference between them? I was thinking of changing it to standard.
[/quote]

I don't have this on mine maybe its just on the diesel models or Zetec , try all three and see which suits you best.
PaulB1803
That's odd preee, I have it on my Titanium.

Edit, why can't my phone just insert what I type?
Preee
:ph34r: Some one has stolen my steering setting !
Hmm i'm pretty sure its not on mine but now i'm going to brave the weather and go and look again :)

*EDIT* just seen "pewee":o lmao

*EDIT 2* you seen it too haha

*EDIT 3" i can confirm this setting is not on my car :blink:
mitch84
are you sure Preee , did you look on the infomation display between the speedo's ?

Im having problems working out how auto rain sensor wipers work?

I have got the wiper stick in the lowest position , so that one click down gives a 1 wipe , if i click up it can go about 3 clicks , if i want this feature do i put it first click up and adjust the sensor dial to suit.

cheers

Full Colour Version: Newbie Questions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.