Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Valution & Where To Sell Please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Sierra Club
Modeller_Shaun
Hello all at ford owners club,

I am going to try help my mum sell a car she inherited from her father, it has been garaged for 15 years, and not been touched.
It might be a little tricky organising the sale, as I live in Sussex and the car is garaged on London. I think she had plans to learn to drive and use it, but it just did not happen.

[b]The car is garaged in London and is Ford sierra, red saloon, GL petrol, manual,engine 1993cc, & last known milage 80,000[/b]

I do not have a clue what state the engine, tyres, ect.. or what the inside is like, & will surely need some attention, I can only assume that the body work will be in good shape, although dusty as it has been garaged for 15 years, but like to add I have not seen it, & do not have a picture at the moment.

I would appreciate any help with a value, and the best place to sell, I am sure some-one would love this as a project, and will check back for any replies...

Any more information required please ask and I will do my best to answer..
Many thanks...
mr pompey
Have a look around ebay or autotrade or have a look through ford classic car mags, that should u give a rough in what 2 ask 4 it, depending on condition of motor,
rojariggs
Also worth checking out Completed Listings on eBay as a lot of cars are sold this way now and this will show you realistic prices that cars have actually sold for (or not).

Realistically, a non-special edition Sierra with no MOT is only going to be worth a couple of hundred quid. Even with an MOT they only go for 400 at the very most. You might have got a bit more if it was a Ghia or an estate.

Best thing is to stick it on eBay (or similar) with a 200 starting price and see what happens. Auto Trader and the like will be an expensive way to sell a car as cheap as this.

Do you mean 1978 in the title of this thread? Sierra's were first built in 1982...?

Cheers

Rog

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.