Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noisy Clutch On Sportka
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
btmaldon
It sounds like the Thrust Bearing may be on the way out. It only started yesterday. When you push the pedal down you can hear a hollow sounding whiring noise both inside and outside of the car. If I rev it with the clutch pedal down it does not change.

The clutch is still fine otherwise and the car drives as it should. Do you think I should be worried about it, or could it hold out without any problems for some time?

Thanks folks.
Darren T
My clutch did that for a while on my ka. After while it stopped making the noise so left it alone, But mine had been on a dealers forcourt for a fair time so i think everything was loosening up. See how it goes for bit, If it gets worse get it sorted. Hope this helps
btmaldon
Thanks Darren. I took it for a spin tonight and it seems to be louder at times and then quietens down a bit. Its the wifes car and she does a 30 mile round trip to work and back in it every day, and I dont want her using mine every day.

I have got to book it in for the MOT, so will get my local garage to look at it. I could do without the expence this time of year.
btmaldon
Clutch failed last night as I was parking it in our carport. Went into gear, drove forward, dipped the clutch but the car kept driving forward. Had to stamp on the brakes as I couldnt get it out of gear. Switched engine off, took it out of gear, started engine, managed to get it in reverse, drove backwards, dipped the clutch but it kept going and had to jump on the brakes again, switch off and then pull it out of gear.

Great fun, anyway its going in on Wednesday, so will see what the damage is.
btmaldon
Well got the little beast back at last.

After fitting a complete clutch kit and slave cylinder, the SportKA decided it was going to fail the MOT on the emissions. My mechanic spent most of the day looking for the cause. No codes, electrics/sensors ok, cat ok, head gasket checked ok, could not find any vacuum leaks. Can only be mechanical or an air leak somewhere. Its always idled a bit rough since we bought it. However he managed to get the emissions down for a couple of seconds in order to get it through the MOT, but I will have to take it back in the New Year so they can have a proper look.

I reckon it probably would have failed the MOT before we bought it last year, but you can guarantee that a trader will always get the car through if he has his own garage, which is what has probably happened with this. I know Central Cars near Southend have a pretty good reputation, but I dont think I will buy from them again.
stef123
damn, its always the wrong time of year for these things, in more ways than one.. expense at xmas and if you like fixing your own car its hardly great weather for it :( glad you have it sorted and tested for another year though. hope your garage can find the cause of the high emmissions
btmaldon
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1323463153' post='155916']
damn, its always the wrong time of year for these things, in more ways than one.. expense at xmas and if you like fixing your own car its hardly great weather for it :( glad you have it sorted and tested for another year though. hope your garage can find the cause of the high emmissions
[/quote]
Thanks Stef. Like you say, could do without the expense this time of year. Good job the other car doesn't need anything doing.

Full Colour Version: Noisy Clutch On Sportka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.