Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member With Car Issues Lol
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
whezze007
Hi all, I am new just signed up,

Was wondering if anyone can help me? I had my clutch changed on my Feista about a week and half ago at Halfords Autocentre / nationwide Autocentre, and since getting it back its been making a funny noise from the engine area I think, its like a clicking almost the same sound as when you have a stone stuck in the tyre.

You can hear it mainly between 20 - 30 MPH but yesterday and today I have heard it more often, I took it back to Autocentre and they had a look and now are saying its the gearbox and will need replacing for roughly 700.

I dont know much about cars, but they said when fixing the clutch they had to remove the gearbox to do there job and now thats gone funny, should they have picked up on the problem then? or could they be the cause of the problem?
I have checked the oil and waters to make sure its nothing to do with that,

Any help would be great?

Many Thanks

John
Preee
Hi and Welcome to FOC

Sounds a bit fishy to me , changing the clutch would not cause the gearbox to fail unless they have messed up , left some thing out or left some in there which should not be there , i would take it back and demand action or take it to an indenpendant garage and get it looked at , they may have caused the damage and i would push that fact.
dezwez
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)

Full Colour Version: New Member With Car Issues Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.