Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is It Terminal?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Hiekel Essterol
2002 facelift focus w/1.6 Zetec engine

Top end of the engine isnt turning. We have looked under the cam belt cover and the belt is loose but there. Poss tensioner failure?

My question is are the valves/pistons likely to be screwed?
I value the car at maybe 900-1000, is it economically worth it to repair, or would the repair costs exceed the value of the car?

Cheers
jeebowhite
If you remove the spark plugs, you should be able to see the valves underneath to get an idea of what is wrong.

I would say though that if your tensioner has gone and you have lost the Cam Belt, there is little chance of the job being less than an engine rebuild...

Unless you have a few friends out there who are happy to do the rebuild for peanuts, you may be better going to a scrappy and grabbing an engine from them... I would estimate less than the cost of a rebuild...

Full Colour Version: Is It Terminal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615