Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice Needed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ging
ok so i have booked the bus in for a good service new rear brakes and a couple of other bits and bats sorting out nothing to major to be honest but i have noticed a whistleing noise comming from under the bonnet and its getting louder now im no machanic but i spend all my time around cars and think the turbo could be faulty so can any one surgest an upgrade to replace it with or would i be better just getting the stock unit reconditioned all advice will be apreciated thanks (also its booked in for a remap after chrismas)

thanks alan
Preee
It may just be a split pipe on inlet side , don't shell out on a turbo just yet , check all hose's and pipe work
ging
just got the car back from the garage and the turbo is b*$$ac*&$! been quoted 300 for a second hand unit but i down really buy second hand as the last time i did it only lasted me 5600 miles then did the self and same thing (on my last car) so any recomended upgrades will be concidered thanks alan the turbo on the focus st is different but will it fit? thanks alan
jeebowhite
Your probably better off buying the turbo unit off Ford directly, and spend the extra few hundred quid to get a decent warranty with it!

Full Colour Version: Advice Needed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615