Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreaded Dmf Replacement :(
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
RyanZetec
Hi All

I have a Mk3 2.0 TDCI 130 Zetec S 2003 "53 plate"

Im having severe knocking vibrations from the engine when the clutch is depressed.

I dont know whether to replace the DMF and Clutch in a garage as I know it will be quite expensive, or do I just have the car taken away and get a new one?

Any ideas how much garages charge to fit the unit alone? or to supply and fit? rough prices?

Anyone know of any places where I can get them from as a pair for cheap?

Thanks guys
peanut1
mate iv just done the clutch on my car but its a petrol 2.0 mk3 iv had the sme Q on here to fined out whats what but have been told if it were a desel the you must change the dmf .. if you go on you tube and tyep in dmf probs then you can have a look to see if yours is the same if not have a look at my DMF post to see if that helps p.s i got a price of £875.00 plus vat for the dmf .clutch and thrust berring fitted..SORRY!!
flying clutchman
[quote name='RyanZetec' timestamp='1322592714' post='154572']
Hi All

I have a Mk3 2.0 TDCI 130 Zetec S 2003 "53 plate"

Im having severe knocking vibrations from the engine when the clutch is depressed.

I dont know whether to replace the DMF and Clutch in a garage as I know it will be quite expensive, or do I just have the car taken away and get a new one?

Any ideas how much garages charge to fit the unit alone? or to supply and fit? rough prices?

Anyone know of any places where I can get them from as a pair for cheap?

Thanks guys
[/quote]
About 600 for 5-speed, a bit more for 6-speed. Obviously main agent prices are 50% more than this.
peanut1
[quote name='flying clutchman' timestamp='1322749608' post='154791']
About 600 for 5-speed, a bit more for 6-speed. Obviously main agent prices are 50% more than this.
[/quote]
flying cluchman knows wat hes onabout listen to this man if you have any Q .he hellp me out !!!!
clueless chancer
I have just had the DMF, clutch kit and starter motor fitted to my estate, which is a 6 speed. It came to 996 for the parts and labour. They charged 4 hours labour at 35/hour, and the parts were supplied by Unipart, with a guarantee. The car sounds very different, the only noise now is my rattly aux belt tesioner and pulley.

Full Colour Version: Dreaded Dmf Replacement :(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.