Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reverse Gear Selection
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
micksilver
I'm struggling to get reverse gear on my 2009 1.8 focus style, the gear seems to locate fine but I get the usual grating of gears when I engage the clutch, I might try 3 or 4 times before I get the gear correctly but even when I am successful it feels no different to the previous unsuccessful attempts. Anybody had similar problems? the car still has a year left on its warranty so I can always take it to the dealers to see what they think.Might just need a bit of adjustment.
ONETrueSaturday
Wee tip - if it doesn't go in properly, pop it into first gear then back into reverse, that should help ;)

If problems still there then take it back to the dealer.
artscot79
Its easier to pop it into 3rd then reverse it will go in 1st time its a common thing and to do with the syncronesh and normal

Full Colour Version: Reverse Gear Selection
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615