I have a 2003 Focus ST170 fitted with a 6000CD RDS stereo. It is CD changer compatible, but doesn't have one fitted.
I want to have MP3s either by USB or iPod, and don't want to change the unit if possible. I also want the stalk on the steering wheel to control the track selection, rather than having to fiddle with an iPod and radio conection.
I have been recommended the IPV3009 (http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopdisp_3851.php) which says it will allow track selection.
1. Has anyone tried this (or equivalent) and have feedback for me?
2. Will it allow me to control the iPod via the stalk, and if so will I be able to choose the album/folder then track?
3. Will it pause/turn off the iPod when I turn the ignition off? (i.e. can I put it in the glove box and forget about it)
4. Will it work with all iPods (was thinking of getting a Nano as I can pick an 8Gb up for £39.99)
5. Don't suppose anyone has a wiring diagram and part numbers for the connectors?
6. Is there an equivalent (cheaper) one that works via the CD changer interface and a USB memory stick?