Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service Oil / Regen Advice?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

Recently had my focus 1.6tdci in for a problem with the "service oil" message coming up in the display every time I turned the ignition on , I thought it might just need a reset but although this might of been the case as I've only had the car 2 weeks as before it was a Ford Direct owned car and had a service in September , Fords changed the oil and oil filter and kept it in so they could do a regen.

Im aware that this message could be caused by the DPF is that correct?

Anyway is there a way to tell when your car may need a regen?

which can be sorted by doing a steady 40 for so many miles.

Thanks

Mitch
Nigel S
Not owning a diesel I can only guess that your DPF needs new oil. If this is the case then get it sorted ASAP before you do major damage and cost yourself 1500 for a replacement DPF.

This is the great diesel rip off that started with the Euro4 cars in the mid 2000's.
mitch84
[quote name='Nigel S' timestamp='1323172427' post='155433']
Not owning a diesel I can only guess that your DPF needs new oil. If this is the case then get it sorted ASAP before you do major damage and cost yourself 1500 for a replacement DPF.

This is the great diesel rip off that started with the Euro4 cars in the mid 2000's.
[/quote]

Hi

the problem has been fixed now , I think it was to do with the oil and regen processes. Just would like to know if others have had this message?

thanks
TDCiST
I havent yet... but i'm expecting it... i bought the car after it doing 4500 miles in a year... needless to say, ive been doing a few 4th gear motorway journeys to make sure its clear! lol
mitch84
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1323173204' post='155437']
I havent yet... but i'm expecting it... i bought the car after it doing 4500 miles in a year... needless to say, ive been doing a few 4th gear motorway journeys to make sure its clear! lol
[/quote]

Well I hope it does'nt , what sort of speed are you doing in 4th , I might try a run next week.
TDCiST
just 60-70... just keeping the revs up to get heat into the system... thats how the old FAP's and DPF's used to regen, wethere the new ones do i dont know...
mitch84
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1323174007' post='155444']
just 60-70... just keeping the revs up to get heat into the system... thats how the old FAP's and DPF's used to regen, wethere the new ones do i dont know...
[/quote]

Do you do it for a certain amount of time say 20mins or so many miles?

thanks
TDCiST
just a couple of junctions... So what, 5 miles, maybe not even that. A regen doesnt take that long if i remember correctly...
mitch84
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1323174257' post='155446']
just a couple of junctions... So what, 5 miles, maybe not even that. A regen doesnt take that long if i remember correctly...
[/quote]

Yeah i heard a regen was about 15 minutes , not to sure though ,I always thought theres ECU in the system so we dont have to do these regens ourselfs.
james_60
Hi

If this is a stage V emissions compliant car it will not have a fluid tank for the dpf.

It will have a coated for life dpf

Are you familier with the Ford Etis website

Jamie
TDCiST
Maybe... i am new to DPF's. yet to do a lot of research, but im getting there lol!
TDCiST
[quote name='james_60' timestamp='1323174584' post='155449']
Hi

If this is a stage V emissions compliant car it will not have a fluid tank for the dpf.

It will have a coated for life dpf

Are you familier with the Ford Etis website

Jamie
[/quote]

Does this mean it doesnt need to regen?? or will it still do it without the need for fluid??
james_60
Hi

What it means is that there is no fluid tank

The Fluid is used to lower the temperature at which the soot is burnt off when a regen is being completed.

Fluid is refilled at the 37500 service iirc

Stage V Vehicles have a dpf that is coated in a special metal that makes burning off the soot easier.

Stage V is better imo

Jamie

Full Colour Version: Service Oil / Regen Advice?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.