Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown Power Cable?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Darren Cook
Okay. yet another question for you guys.

I've found a power cable with a yellow plug on the end near the bottom left of the engine bay. no apparent place for this to go to? wondering if this would be for fogs that the car doesnt have?.

Not traced it as of yet as its bloody freezing outside. any ideas?
james_60
Hi

Could be for the following if available at the time produced

1. Cables for Electric headlamp washers
2. Front parking sensors
3. Front fog lights
4. Alarm

Does the car have air conditioning

Its a shame you cannot trace it back to the fuse box

Jamie
Darren Cook
does have AC but doesn't seem to work. only had it a few months and finding fault after fault. i need to fix a few things so going to see if i can find where its coming from. but as its damn cold out there don't fancy removing too much to locate it.
alz
Hi Darren

your a/c will not work if it needs a regas, pressure switch's stop it from working without gas, as for the wiring ford do use the same loom for any one model for example most of the mk1 focus would use the same loom but not the same accessories (ie fog lights etc), if you have a go at fitting fog lights you will need a replacement light switch with front fog, if it as not got one allready, and possible relay and fuses.( the wire for the fogs should be green/white with a 20amp fuse.)

Full Colour Version: Unknown Power Cable?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.