Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Trouble?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
MrRedman
Hi everyone ive just noticed the red indicator on the battery is showing i think it is the original 1 although
not sure they last 9yrs? Anyhow do i run out and buy another or could this change back to green at some point.
ive just been doing the usual in terms of mileage,is there a particular battery best suited if i need to replace.
thanks..
TDCiST
whack it on charge and see what happens in a few days... the cold weather wont be helping, if it returns you may need a new one..

There are better tests you can do, but you'll need another person! lol
MrRedman
Ok thanks :)
artscot79
[quote name='MrRedman' timestamp='1323177740' post='155465']
Ok thanks :)
[/quote]

at that age and on red its a waste of time charging it its gone and needs replaced ide just buy a new one
stef123
If the car is used regularly then the chances are its had it's day and not holding charge very well. At 9yr old you have done not too bad.
James Nisbett
Instructions on howw to change the battery in the ford Focus:

[url="http://drivingroadrage.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-do-i-change-battery-in-ford-focus.html"]http://drivingroadrage.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-do-i-change-battery-in-ford-focus.html[/url]
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The battery on my last Mondeo was original and still OK after 12 years, for the last 2 years the green indicator had disappeared but I didn’t notice a red one, also the car would not be used for over a week in cold weather and still start OK[/font][/size][/color].

Full Colour Version: Battery Trouble?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615