Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keyless Ignition Start?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

I have the keyless entry with start button , since ive had my car back from the ford garage ive noticed on a few attempts to start the car it has taken a few more turnovers until the engine has started. It was fine before it went in for a oil change/filter change and display reset as it had a oil service message.

On some attempts it starts as it should after just a few turnovers but I did have a few occasions yesterday where it would take a little longer.

Is it something to worry about or could it be because of the oil change and just needs a bit of a run in so to speak?

thanks
tomo2001
Colder weather perhaps ?
mitch84
[quote name='tomo2001' timestamp='1323254367' post='155600']
Colder weather perhaps ?
[/quote]

yeah could be but it started fine last night in fairly cold conditions where as earlier in the day i had been using it ,it took a bit longer to start. I will see how it goes over the next week, can always give fords a call.
TDCiST
mine has been taking a little longer on the cold mornings, but nothing major... See how it goes and if it gets worse or your still worried, get it looked at.
mitch84
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1323259168' post='155606']
mine has been taking a little longer on the cold mornings, but nothing major... See how it goes and if it gets worse or your still worried, get it looked at.
[/quote]

will do , most times a couple of turnovers it starts yesterday it took about 4-5 turnovers until it started , could be the cold weather.
oilburner
mines just the same!

Full Colour Version: Keyless Ignition Start?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615