Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Climate Control Mk2.5
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

Im guessing climate control works pretty much the same threw out the focus range, Ive never understood something about the A/C when in auto mode , I have a titanium with climate control , when I select auto the a/c light is highlighted yellow which I guess is on as I have the satnav touchscreen display.

Now does this stay on all the time no matter what temperature I have set or does it turn on/off accordingly in the background despite always saying its on in the display?

thanks
artscot79
It maintains the temp set the aircon pumps dont cycle on and off they use vss pumps which regulate the refridgerant to prevent the pipes from freezing so still work below 4 degrees the climate control changes the hot and cold mixture to keep the temp at whatever u set it as so its always running
mitch84
[quote name='artscot79' timestamp='1323280746' post='155649']
It maintains the temp set the aircon pumps dont cycle on and off they use vss pumps which regulate the refridgerant to prevent the pipes from freezing so still work below 4 degrees the climate control changes the hot and cold mixture to keep the temp at whatever u set it as so its always running
[/quote]

cheers, I do have the option to turn a/c off , perhaps its best to turn off in the cold weather anyway?
artscot79
It regulates to stop the pipes freezing so in the cold it helps to remove moisture the draw back is the vents get moist misting the window after u switch it off best advice is to have it max hot for at least ten mins to dry the vents out

Full Colour Version: Climate Control Mk2.5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.