Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diesel Pumps
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
james132
Not sure if this has been covered here before, But some time ago when first looking into getting a diesel (at the time a leon tdi) people seemed to make a big deal about where to buy fuel from. I know generally supermarket pump fuel is of a lower quality but by how much?

It was said on another forum that up to 200miles to a tank difference between your supermarket diesel and good quality diesel such as shell perhaps. This seemed quite alot!

I now own a 2.0 TDCi focus (05) and wondered if its actually worth the few extra pence per letre and if anyone else has tested this?

At the moment I am unable to put this quote to the test as week after week im driving different types of roads and dont really have the typical 'to work and back' pattern which it might be worth testing it to at the moment.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has tried this and what the differences are :D
jeebowhite
I have tried this, but not on a mondy, however the principle will not differ.

200 miles between the two fuels I would personally say is not going to happen! 20-100 yes, more likely to be around the 60 miles, but I have never seen anyone get 200 miles out of additional quality fuel.

Now it is always worth the extra couple of pence, you get a cleaner fuel, with a better quality output, the "super" diesel isnt worth the hassle particularly unless you have a titx sporty diesel engine you probably wont notice anything other than your fuel borring a hole in your bank account.

I will be highly shocked if you can replicate this persons 200 miles claim though... Was he topping up with vegetable oil after the fuel I wonder...

Full Colour Version: Diesel Pumps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.