Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo And Digital Milage Stopped Working,please Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
martync
was driving down the road and suddenly my speedo has stopped working and the digital display is now showing dashes only,the rev counter and the fuel and petrol gauges are still reading normal,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks martyn
jeebowhite
[quote name='martync' timestamp='1323415515' post='155827']
was driving down the road and suddenly my speedo has stopped working and the digital display is now showing dashes only,the rev counter and the fuel and petrol gauges are still reading normal,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks martyn
[/quote]

Being a year 2000 model I dont think you have a trip computer with the DTC codes, so do you have any lights on your dashboard you didnt before? whcih digital disaplay are you referring to also?
martync
there are no other lights on that shouldnt be and its the digital milage and trip display below the speedo dial,also the car cut out twice on the way back from work which it has never done,thanks for the reply
jeebowhite
[quote name='martync' timestamp='1323444942' post='155865']
there are no other lights on that shouldnt be and its the digital milage and trip display below the speedo dial,also the car cut out twice on the way back from work which it has never done,thanks for the reply
[/quote]

OK, so my understanding is your odometer cuts out? no warning signs? can you narrow down the rev range to be a certain range before it cuts out? sounds to me like a potentially damaged fuel filter, I had the same thing, found if I kept the revs below 2500 the car was fine, anything over that, it started hoping then died without warning. Engine cut out, no error codes, no trace of a problem.

Try keeping the revs as low as possible - does it affect your car if you then stamp your foot down?
daniel2011
hi, it is your speedo sensor, it cost bout 60 easy to fit aswell, if not a cheap fix at local garage
Stoney871
Definitely speedo sensor.
It dips the power when it fails and makes everything run ragged.
I think ford designed it to do this so people wouldn't run their cars with it disconnected to reduce the shown miles.
i had this fault with my last car which was a Mk1 1.8
Speedo sensor and pin off eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-FOCUS-MK1-MK2-speed-drive-SPEEDO-SENSOR-1998-O-E-/230657784651?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b4467b4b
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Speed-Sensor-Pin-/220473007620?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3355371e04
The old pin can be a bit of a sod to remove but careful wiggling usually works.
Replacing these will definitely cure your problem.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615