Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
salsheikh

sorry to hear this Dave, i hope your ok mate.

Stoney871

Want to see potential screen damage?

Take a look at what i suffered today-

http://youtu.be/c3nL3tpO57k

Brigante

Want to see potential screen damage?

Take a look at what i suffered today-

DSC_0074.jpg

Ouch!

salsheikh

Clive, you stalking somebody? lol!

my neighbours windscreen smashed when we had heavy hail, the size of golfballs..it was incredible. he had the windscreen replaced and two weeks later a lorry crashed into the car...

Stoney871
Just got back from my local stealers with a couple of parts, started to get out of the car when the hail started.
Jumped back in sharpish I can tell you.
It even set car alarms off further down the road.
TDCiST

Scary!

I remember heavy hail we had this was couple of years back... was worried it was going to damage the metalwork!!

TDCiST

So for the second time now i have the Swinging Heater Needle syndrome...

I feel another trip to the dealer coming along....

FOCA

So for the second time now i have the Swinging Heater Needle syndrome...

I feel another trip to the dealer coming along....

The stock cooling system only works well under certain conditions anyway

TDCiST

its strange... It gets to temperature, then after a few minutes, swings from normal to cold and back... every so often... never goes too hot!

FOCA

its strange... It gets to temperature, then after a few minutes, swings from normal to cold and back... every so often... never goes too hot!

Does it go too hot when/ straight after you "boot" it/ or sitting in traffic after a hard run?

TDCiST

randomly unfortunately... sometimes it sits and swings while travelling steadily... sometimes I think it setlles when booting it, but other times it swings!!

I'm confused as it doesn't seem to have any consistency to it at all

FOCA

randomly unfortunately... sometimes it sits and swings while travelling steadily... sometimes I think it setlles when booting it, but other times it swings!!

I'm confused as it doesn't seem to have any consistency to it at all

As it is random/ If its the same as the Mondeo the temp is taken from a sensor on the head, so it is possible that the sensor or the connector going onto it are faulty, (or the wires etc further down the line) the ECU also uses this for cold start so may use more fuel and for detecting overheating so may even go into limp home mode (when the ECU "thinks" the engine is overheating when it is'nt) the other possibility is the temp really is fluctuating as the gauge displays (less likely- but a good reason to have a seperate temp gauge)

I remember reading there was a lot of complaints from some Fords so they "docktored" it to make it read "wrong" but looked "right" (if you know what i mean) i cant believe how cool mine runs on a cold day (ive only recently hooked up my digital temp gauge)

Its under warrantee anyway but im sure you will let us know how you get on

I was on your other forum and i saw a signature of a vax***l with a vented crankcase breather - never actually seen one mentioned before - ive got mine on a long pipe like a secondary exhaust (i dont like talking about other forums or vax***ls though :lol: ) 

TDCiST
Hehe it's the place to be for diesel tuning! However I don't like to advertise it on other forums, tis rather ungentlemanly lol
TDCiST

Update... Once again the dealer has said a loose connection caused the issue. After a little discussion it has been agreed that if (Dealers terms.. I used "When") it happens again then they will replace the temp sensor... 

F1SJL
Great looking car mate,

Didn't realise that you could fit the ST upper grille. Even though I've painted several for an other ST owners club's members!

I'm defo going to change mine.

You need to get the fog surround colour coded it makes a massive difference to the look off the car. I did mine and being white made a massive difference. Much cleaner look and makes the lower grill look much more menacing!
TDCiST
Hey F1, how did you do yours out of interest??

Well what to update...

I've had a new temp sensor... (At last)
I've got a whole car vibration between 60-70... Hoping its just a wheel balance issue and nothing serious!!

And that's it!

Really need to get my rear in gear with this st lower grille mod!!
salsheikh

Dave,

the fog trims come out really easily an the round chrome trims do too. paint it and put it all back together and jobs done!

TDCiST
Must be a pain to rub down and sand tho
salsheikh
Use scotch pads. Makes it so much easier, I use it with soapy water to aid cleaning
TDCiST
We'll the car has hit 3 years old now... MOT time! Passed, however it needed

4 new tyres, front discs and pads, and the temp sensor is still playing up... Ford have finally agreed to have the car as a project, and to investigate it fully! Means I'll end up with a lovely courtesy car I guess!
FOCA

We'll the car has hit 3 years old now... MOT time! Passed, however it needed

4 new tyres, front discs and pads, and the temp sensor is still playing up... Ford have finally agreed to have the car as a project, and to investigate it fully! Means I'll end up with a lovely courtesy car I guess!

It will be interesting to see what they find (if anything)

You don't seem to be on the forum that much recently

TDCiST
Well...

Had a discussion today with the dealer... The car has been with them since Saturday, and they've had it apart...

It would seem part of the loom has abraded away and was shorting together every so often... So a new loom is being put in. Hopefully this should be the end of the heater gauge issues!

salsheikh

good news. must not have been clipped in properly. could have been a lot worse though.

jeebowhite

Warranty fix? given that your just (only just) celebrating its 3rd birthday and they were aware of the issues from before it expired?

TDCiST
Course it's a warranty fix.. I wasn't going to let them try and charge me lol!!

The issue seems to have basically told the PCM that the loom doesn't exist for the temp sensor... So a new loom was installed, and I need to play it by ear. Hopefully it's not a faulty PCM...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app
jeebowhite

Fingers crossed for you Dave! :D

eliaskok

Nice car there mate. I really like it.

TDCiST
Cheers fella,

Now the warranty period is over I can hopefully do a few more mods!!

Just need to get my butt in gear and spend some money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app
TDCiST
So... The saga continues! Although it appears the temp sensor has now been fixed (for now at least!) since coming back from the dealer, my reverse light and parking sensors now don't work!! And how did I find out?? By reversing into the courtesy car from the dealer that my dad now has!! Luckily only at crawling speed so no damage, even so I think I've just about had enough with this car now!!

Hopefully I'll get time to investigate tomorrow during the break at work!! Bloody typical!!
TDCiST
Anyone know which fuse it is?? 2010 focus 1.6 tdci... I'm out and thought while I'm waiting for my mate to turn up I could check it now!!
Stoney871
As the sensors work on a signal from the reversing light the problems are linked.
Remember - I have fuse lists in amongst my guide links.
TDCiST
That's why I'm hoping fuse... Or maybe reverse switch... Just seems strange it's been in for my temp sensor, and they have had all looms out etc and now this doesn't work..
TDCiST
Had a little dig around today. Stoney your fuse box is a different layout to mine, had to resort to the manual!!

My "reverse light" fuse also apparently does the electric mirrors, and seeing as they still work I'm guessing it's either the reverse light switch, or they've knocked something while digging around the looms for the temp sensor issue...

Back in tomorrow then for them to look at it!!
Stoney871
I do have two fusebox guides ;)
TDCiST
Ah I only saw the one..

Took it in this morning, it seems they knocked the wire off the reverse light switch. All fixed, within 2 minutes too!

Will admit if I had known it was that easy to get to the switch I'd have tried it myself first!!
Stoney871
Ye live'n'learn oppo.
TDCiST
Indeed! At least it's working now tho
TDCiST
You wash the car.. Drive 100 miles... And it's like you never even bothered!! Sigh!

jeebowhite

I know that feeling. Mine was mucky after 2 miles! I drove the car back from the dealers after its service, got home and some begger decided to flatten a cat next to my car, the car was covered in poor pussy cat blood! then after another 2 miles, the road much kicked on! why do we even bother :p

TDCiST
I'm gonna have to do it again... The salt and muck will play on my mind lol! I have visions of it being a rusted pile of bolts by the time I leave work tonight
jeebowhite

lol, now your over worrying ;) im sure she'll be fine!

TDCiST
Jeebs!!! You lied!!! Look!!!

Stoney871
Oh look! A Corsa ;) :p
jeebowhite

lmfao, omg its worse than we thought Dave, your car has been infected with corsa-s-hitus (perhaps I had one too many hyphens in there?) you really are stuffed!

TDCiST
Well, I didn't think it would be long!!

The problem has returned. I guess only things left in the chain now are the box of tricks that the loom goes too, or the instrument cluster!

Guess it will be going back in in the next few days!

The temptation to chop it in and get a new toy is rising!
jeebowhite

Sorry to hear it Dave, would you go for another Foci?

TDCiST
Of course!

I would also be partial to money or SMax too tho...
jeebowhite

Focus is more sporty for sure. SMAX Is good for space!

TDCiST
The Mondy or SMax would be titanium x sport models anyway lol so no worries there!
TDCiST

so it appears no one can havbe nice things anymore without some little terror wanting to destroy it!

Had the car keyed the other day while out at a friends.

The keying stretches from the headlight right along to the end of the drivers door!  To say im not happy is an understatement.

T-Cut has been liberally applied and dulled it, but its still noticeable.

A trip to the bodyshop is going to be needed I feel.

Full Colour Version: Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.