Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
TDCiST
So... My DMB overlays have been superb... Cant fault them!

However the ones i bought for my other half... AWFUL!!!

the only one that hasnt peeled off was the steering wheel one!!

I rsorted to gorilla glue and superglue in the end!

And its not like i didnt do teh same thing either.. Im convinced it has something to do with the fact i have a silver backing, and hers is white... but i obviously cant prove that without buying more!!
Lenny
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1335907314' post='180481']
So... My DMB overlays have been superb... Cant fault them!

However the ones i bought for my other half... AWFUL!!!

the only one that hasnt peeled off was the steering wheel one!!

I rsorted to gorilla glue and superglue in the end!

And its not like i didnt do teh same thing either.. Im convinced it has something to do with the fact i have a silver backing, and hers is white... but i obviously cant prove that without buying more!!
[/quote]

I have the carbon print ones on the front badge and the steering wheel,
they both had silver backing and are on the car since november 2010

i have a blue badge on the rear and it had a black backing, its been on the car since november 2011 and its perfect too mate,
so as you say it must be somthing to do with the white backing,
TDCiST
Thats the only thing i can think of mate...

A stroppy email may be going there way!!
alkyz89
hi dave, mine had white backing on them.. front and rear badges are fine and steering wheel badge is fine... but the wheel ones lasted about a week if that so i pulled them off...
i sent an email and all i got back was how i must have installed them wrong... which i know full well i didnt!! but i cant prove it lol hense the warning i gave you earlier on in the post...
TDCiST
Yeah... Thing is I know how to apply vinyl lol used to do it as a job!!! My carbon ones are beautiful! Stuck so well! No complaints!! These white ones however are awful!! Still nothing gorilla glue or superglue didn't sort lol they look great now lol

I will not be defeated!!!
TDCiST
Little update,

Looked into the footwell lighting the other day, and to my surprise i found out that the bulb holders were already there!

Now not getting too excited, i asjed my mate for a couple of Bulbs (I was at his garage at the time) and to my amazement, after putting my free bulbs into the holders, they lit up!!

RESULT!!

guess that means i better get on with the other jobs on the list...

[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Twin Reverse Light Conversion - Half Way Through........[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Colour Code Fog Surrounds[/size][/font][/color]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Colour Code Bonnet Lip[/size][/font][/color][/s]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- [/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/new-apple-ipod-range-1055-commercial.html"]iPod[/url][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] integration for stereo (not sure how yet... but I'm researching!) [/size][/font][/color][/s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] Not iPod but MP3 USB Stick... As Good As...[/size][/font][/color]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Footwell Lighting[/size][/font][/color][/s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] For FREE!! Result[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Twin Boot Lights[/size][/font][/color]
Lenny
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1338735798' post='185421']
Little update,

Looked into the footwell lighting the other day, and to my surprise i found out that the bulb holders were already there!

Now not getting too excited, i asjed my mate for a couple of Bulbs (I was at his garage at the time) and to my amazement, after putting my free bulbs into the holders, they lit up!!

RESULT!!

guess that means i better get on with the other jobs on the list...

[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Twin Reverse Light Conversion - Half Way Through........[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Colour Code Fog Surrounds[/size][/font][/color]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Colour Code Bonnet Lip[/size][/font][/color][/s]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- [/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/new-apple-ipod-range-1055-commercial.html"]iPod[/url][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] integration for stereo (not sure how yet... but I'm researching!) [/size][/font][/color][/s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] Not iPod but MP3 USB Stick... As Good As...[/size][/font][/color]
[s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Footwell Lighting[/size][/font][/color][/s][color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3] For FREE!! Result[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=sans-serif][size=3]- Twin Boot Lights[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

nice one mate,
i had to retro-fit mine [url="http://www.focusowners-social.com/forum/posting.php?mode=smilies&f=38#"][img]http://www.focusowners-social.com/forum/images/smilies/pout.gif[/img][/url]
have you any plans to fit some rear footwell lights too?
i have fitted some to the rear footwells and spliced the power in to the loom on the front footwell lights.
TDCiST
No plans yet lenny...

Just had 2 new tyres... and service next week... so all plans of spending money are off!! (unless i find a cruise control steering wheel for cheap lol)
gc88
Hey,

How's it going? I like how it looks!

I'm thinking of doing the bonnet strip black, and also my fog light surrounds!

Have you done your fogs yet?
TDCiST
Not yet no... Had other thing taking up my spare time!!! I need to tho, will finish the look!!
gc88
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1341182981' post='190317']
Not yet no... Had other thing taking up my spare time!!! I need to tho, will finish the look!!
[/quote]

I imagine it'll look awesome!!

(i won't be jealous one bit... :unsure: !!)

gc
TDCiST
Haha!! hopefully over the next 4 weeks ill get chance as work is quiet! and then ill do them!
TDCiST
Well its August and i have done NOTHING to the car!

Various things have been taking up my spare time, and works been manic!

However today she got a clean! All clean and shiny now!

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa290/tdcist/Front1copy.jpg[/IMG]
gc88
Blimey. that is shiney.

Wash and wax?

Our cars are similar!
TDCiST
Snowfoam, pressure wash, bucket wash, pressure wash, quick detailer sprayed, super resin polished, ultra deep shine polished lol!

Waxing will be the next step I venture to at some point lol!
gc88
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1345486559' post='202254']
Snowfoam, pressure wash, bucket wash, pressure wash, quick detailer sprayed, super resin polished, ultra deep shine polished lol!

Waxing will be the next step I venture to at some point lol!
[/quote]

Cricky. I wish I had the energy to do that!

All my energy goes into sorting other peoples lives out for them at the moment! how long you spent on it today?
TDCiST
Snowfoam took 15mins, 10mins to dwell...
Pressure wash took 10 mins,
Bucket Wash took about an hour and a half, rinsing panels as I went.
Half hour drive to air dry the car...
Wheel wash 15 mins
30mins to quick detail it,
Then on to the polish, bout hour and a half,
Alloy seal and tyre gel,
Bumper care all non colour coded plastic...

All in all about 6 hours... Lol
TDCiST
Ok, so today the car had some more minor mods... Debadging!!

Hadnt got round to it on this one, Its normally the first thing i do on all my cars! I was though on this one, unsure if i wanted to or not.

A quick before and after pic for you all!

Paddy H
I like it, I'm about photoshop mine because i don't know whether to do my own. Im unsure about having just the TDCI badge left there to be honest, I'm one for all gone or none. It may grow on me, il look at it again in 5 minutes ha.
TDCiST
Haha!

I know what you mean.. I left the TDCi badge on my last one too... I kinda like people knowing its a diesel... For various reasons ;) lol
Paddy H
Iv looked at it again, its kinda grew on me. Looks just lonely thats all Dave. I really wished i got a TDCI now.. take your badge off and il feel much better. <_< Haha.

So i presume your sticking with it like that now yeah? It looks much cleaner I'm going to de-badge mine tomorrow.
TDCiST
Yeah that's how it's gonna stay!

Need to plan the next stages of minor mods now...
TDCiST
Hello Everyone!

Been a little quiet on here recently! been concentrating on my new hobby (if you can call it that!) which has taken up a lot of my free time!

Sadly ive not had chance to do anymore on the car, ive also been trying to fix the missus focus... glowplug loom is melted :s Only thing i have done is replace the battery in my keyfob!

so onwards and upwards, hopefully some minor mods coming,
Stoney871
Evening officer ;)
TDCiST
Evening Stoney!

Enjoying it so much! Seen such a diverse range of things already!
Preee
Hey TD nice to see your still around
Stoney871
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1352582441' post='216199']
Enjoying it so much! Seen such a diverse range of things already!
[/quote]

I bet your eyes have been opened a fair bit now?
;)
TDCiST
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1352582692' post='216201']
Hey TD nice to see your still around
[/quote]

Yup still about!! hopefully a little more over xmas again.

[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1352582801' post='216203']
I bet your eyes have been opened a fair bit now?
;)
[/quote]

Just a little!!!
Foci_st3
Quick one after many years of owning a focus I've never actually looked into this snow foam thing, can someone point me into the direction of where to get the stuff needed to wash like this. Thanks
TDCiST
Foci_st3, i buy all my stuff from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/
salsheikh
also check out detailing world for offers and info.
TDCiST
thats a good site that!

Got some snowfoam tips off there!
Foci_st3
Is it essential to have a pressure washer to do the snow foam.
TDCiST
no. on my snowfoam concentrate bottle it says you can use a sprayer. but i never have.

I think you get better results with a pressure washer.
salsheikh
i too have used it with just a garden hose attachment but jetwash is much better.
TDCiST
Just ordered my next mod, an ST Upper Grille...

Will hopefully make it look a lot better!! Added to my colour coded bonnet lip should look pretty smart now!

If anyone wants one, the FINIS Number is 1538478, and i've got it for a storming price from my local dealer!!
salsheikh
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1355913675' post='221960']
Just ordered my next mod, an ST Upper Grille...

Will hopefully make it look a lot better!! Added to my colour coded bonnet lip should look pretty smart now!

If anyone wants one, the FINIS Number is 1538478, and i've got it for a storming price from my local dealer!!
[/quote]

do tell Dave,

i wanted one but the prices were £50+! I'd want a lower matching honeycombe grill
TDCiST
I'm yet to get a final price, but as a long standing customer i always get a good discount...

Should be about £30... ;)

as for the lower grille, i agree... but an ST grille wont fit... I did look at trimming the existing rectangular bits out and retro fitting a honeycomb mesh in its place, but dont think itll look that good...
salsheikh
you jammy git! i too wanted to try retrofitting the honeycombe grill but my diy skills aren't that good
TDCiST
It could work, if you have a steady enough hand... I may try ot if i can get a lower grille cheap enough ;)

I'll knock up a Photoshop of it in a bit and see if i get the bug lol!
salsheikh
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1355926879' post='221999']
It could work, if you have a steady enough hand... I may try ot if i can get a lower grille cheap enough ;)

I'll knock up a Photoshop of it in a bit and see if i get the bug lol!
[/quote]
how do you go about moulding the 2 pieces together? i know someone on STOC does a really good job but he doesnt give his secret away and as there are many joints i wouldnt want it to look naff. plus, would it be strong enough and not fall apart?
TDCiST
I'd work something out... solvent weld is probably a good start, but i'd also probably look at some support structure behind, so its not relying on the honeycomb, but a structure behind it to hold it in place...
TDCiST
As Promised... Little Photoshop... what does everyone think?

Before
[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa290/tdcist/Frontcopy.jpg[/IMG]

After
[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa290/tdcist/DaveSTFrontZetecS_zps74400590.jpg[/IMG]
salsheikh
that looks good, i would get rid of the 2 smaller bits on either side too
TDCiST
I was thinking that... I think there would be enough left from the grille too to do that...
salsheikh
you can do mine when you have done yours!
salsheikh
can you photoshop it so the whole of the lower grill is honeycombe (one piece)
TDCiST
HAHA! sure. if I do it, ill offer custom services!! Why Not Eh!!
TDCiST
Yes mate i can. However i think building that would be a nightmare!!
salsheikh
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1355930844' post='222009']
HAHA! sure. if I do it, ill offer custom services!! Why Not Eh!!
[/quote]

as long as i get mates rates!

Full Colour Version: Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615