Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Antifreeze
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Paul24
Hi,

I have a Focus 08 TDCI and was wondering which Antifreeze to use. I am just going to top up my levels.
Barry_
OATS Anti freeze - Pink Stuff.
jeebowhite
or motorcroft antifreeze :)
Paul24
Hi,

Found some BLUECOL from last July 09 what i used in my 06 Astra, You think i could use that?. It is the same color.

Thank you for your replies.

Paul
Barry_
This stuff?? [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluecol-5-year-Antifreeze-1L/dp/B00499DFG4/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1324051558&sr=1-5"]Bluecol[/url]

Should be fine. I know some say not to mix anti freeze but its so inpractical if just needs a top up. As long as its OATS and the same colour it "should" be fine

EDIT - actually not sure what the shelve life is like on these things - personally i would pop into a local car parts place and pick up a new bottle to top up with.
jeebowhite
Just check the rating and review it in the book, it should be given sort of a generic grade number (for example oil may be 5w40, you should have similar grade in your Focus)
Paul24
Thank you Guys for your replies. Think the best thing i could do is like you have said and go into a shop, that way i will get the right one.

Full Colour Version: Which Antifreeze
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.