Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2002 Mondeo Tddi Brake Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
cougs
hi all , , ,, , need to pick ur brains ,, , , , , got a 2002 mondeo tddi with brake problem , , ,, been on going for a few weeks now , ,, when pressing the brake i get a judder as if the ABS is coming on if you hit snow or ice if i realease and brake again its fine , , , , , replaced the master cylinder , ABS block , just replaces the brake fluid today and its still the same ???????

any ideas might stop me getting rid of it , starting to cost me on parts
fishpond 47
possiably a warped disc, OR even just a build up of rust on the inner part of the disc (the center's of the disc where the pads dont touch) causing the brake pads to judder
stef123
have the discs/pads been inspected?
cougs
not the discs , , ,, like i said it feels like the abs is coming on pedal goes hard then a judder , then if i lift off and press again its fine
TDCiST
sounds like warped discs to me

does the steering wheel wobble slightly too?
cougs
no wobble , no pulling to one side when braking , works fine one minute then next is as if i hit ice
pragmatix
Could be a cracked ABS ring
fishpond 47
[i]'a build up of rust on the inner part of the disc (the center's of the disc where the pads dont touch)'[/i] this gives you the same feeling through the pedal, worth taking a look.

Full Colour Version: 2002 Mondeo Tddi Brake Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615