Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Aux Port On 6000Cd
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
ajthomason
Hi,

I just got a 2010 Focus with the standard 6000CD, but I'm having a problem with it - Whenever my iPod is plugged in to the AUX port, there is horrible static hissing noise. Also, I've tested it using a cable that lets me disconnect the right and left channels independently, and with the focus even if I unplug one of the channels, sound comes out of both sides (right + left speakers). I tried it in a Fiesta with the older style 6000CD and disconnecting either channel means that no sounds comes from that side of the car.

I am assuming that my problem is caused by a short somewhere... does anyone have any idea? The car has warranty, but it is quite far to the nearest garage and a lot of hassle. Do all focuses do this? or is it just mine?

Thanks!
Lenny
[quote name='ajthomason' timestamp='1324160912' post='156997']
Hi,

I just got a 2010 Focus with the standard 6000CD, but I'm having a problem with it - Whenever my iPod is plugged in to the AUX port, there is horrible static hissing noise. Also, I've tested it using a cable that lets me disconnect the right and left channels independently, and with the focus even if I unplug one of the channels, sound comes out of both sides (right + left speakers). I tried it in a Fiesta with the older style 6000CD and disconnecting either channel means that no sounds comes from that side of the car.

I am assuming that my problem is caused by a short somewhere... does anyone have any idea? The car has warranty, but it is quite far to the nearest garage and a lot of hassle. Do all focuses do this? or is it just mine?

Thanks!
[/quote]

try removing the bass boost and equiliser settings on the ipod this can remove any hissing on the stereo mate,
ajthomason
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1324161502' post='157001']
try removing the bass boost and equiliser settings on the ipod this can remove any hissing on the stereo mate,
[/quote]

Thanks, I've given it a shot and I still have the same problem!

I'm going to use a multimeter to test if there is definitely a short later on. Do you know how easy it is to get the AUX port out if there is one? Do I need to take the glovebox out?

Thanks.

Full Colour Version: Problem With Aux Port On 6000Cd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.