Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S-Max Slight Hesitation
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
finalspin
hi all

im new to this site..

ive had focus rs, mondeo st tdci, s-maxs etc etc

i currently have bought an 07 black s-max 2.0 tdci titanium with the peugeot engine fitted, between 1500-2000 rpm when feathering the throtle or easing off the car developes a slight misfire/hesitation, i think this is a common problem, my mechanic is ex ford and says its to do with the 2 stage turbo or possible map???

this has probably been covered before but id like to put my mind at ease... the car drives perfect and performs faultless apart from this..

paul
Might be worth taking to your dealer & getting an IDS session - make sure you're running the latest software/map etc.
finalspin
ids session???
IDS session = plugging the car into the diagnostics that Ford dealers have.
Then ask them to ensure you've got all software updates applied & are running the latest map for your engine.
finalspin
how much will this cost?
I have no idea. Probably 30 mins > 1 hour's labour at whatever rate your local dealer charges.
Give them a call & ask!
finalspin
thanks, ive contacted a local reputable tuning company and they are going to remap the ecu leaving it easier on fuel and more torque through the rev range...

Full Colour Version: S-Max Slight Hesitation
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.