Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 08 Fiesta Icebox
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
frund
Hi my wife has a 08 fiesta diesel 1.6 and it has always taken ages to warm the heater.(goes well) Luke warm after 3 or 4 miles and resonably warm 6 or 8, nice at around 15miles. Anybody else got one and are they all the same. thanks
rojariggs
[quote name='frund' timestamp='1324628424' post='157774']
Hi my wife has a 08 fiesta diesel 1.6 and it has always taken ages to warm the heater.(goes well) Luke warm after 3 or 4 miles and resonably warm 6 or 8, nice at around 15miles. Anybody else got one and are they all the same. thanks
[/quote]
Diesels do take a while to get up to temp compared to most petrols. Mileage you suggest doesn't sound ridiculous for real cold mornings.

I don't know about mileage-wise but mine only starts to put out luke warm air after about 5-10 minutes and just gets nice and warm when I get to work which is after about 20 minutes.

All my diesels have been the same.

Cheers

Rog
frund
Thanks. Ah well I thought this may be the case. If it is a very cold morning I leave it running but locked for 5 mins. Unfortunately most of my trips are short. A very good car apart from the heater.

Full Colour Version: 08 Fiesta Icebox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.